Play ps1 games on my comp?

zach11

I've got a bunch of PS1 games so I can play on them on my computer with ePSXe?

You will need ePSXe, or similar, like pSX. You'll also need the PSX bios file which you'll have to google for and you are pretty much good to go.

The ePSXe website would be a good start :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Ultimately the resolution you use doesn't really matter. Unless that is, your computer/video card is so slow that it simply can't handle higher resolution without noticeable slowdown. I personally use 1280x1024x16 because I've noted that using 32-bit color can cause more slowdown in framebuffer-heavy scenes.

If you use resolutions that are not 4:3, then you might want to force ePSXe to keep the original ratio (or not, if you don't might subtle distortion). If you are a purist, you'd naturally want use P.e.O.p.s software plugin, otherwise, if your video card and computer can handle it, use Pete's OpenGL2 plugin. For sound, SPU Eternal 1.50 beta 2 is probably the best.

The rest of the plugins don't really matter.

Go here.

Actually you have put me in the mind to finally set up PCSX2. Meaning to get around to that for ages :P

is PS2 emulation up to a worthwhile level? last time I checked on it it was pretty much a waste of time.

Go here.

Actually you have put me in the mind to finally set up PCSX2. Meaning to get around to that for ages :P

is PS2 emulation up to a worthwhile level? last time I checked on it it was pretty much a waste of time.

I played with it for an hour or so, as well as that Dolphin emu. It's depends a lot on your PC specs. For both PCSX2 and Dolphin you do need a pretty hefty machine. I got between 30-50FPS on a couple of shooters on PCSX2 and 30FPS on Wind Waker with Dolphin.

Compatibilty is a lot better than I thought too - PCSX2 Compatibility List