ahhh, street fighter IV!

Inky

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gief is pretty under used online. I've only faced a few and none were really using him well.

the online competition is really stiffening lately. as casual players are moving on to whatever is new. my record has taken a pounding......

My buddy won a tournament with Gief about 2 weeks ago at a local gameing store. Some was quoted saying " you can't do anything against him!"

Gief can grab you out of a combo practically. My only defense, is the old back to basics, and fireball them into jumping, where you dragon them out of the air. Very basic... but thats where I play best.

Using gief online is like the equivalent of input delay offline. He's terrible to use online for one reason: delay. Less is better, but the slightest delay you get will completely screw up Gief pressure play.

If you want a true character that's broken, or rather just too safe to use, is Blanka. Nearly everything he does is too safe to punish and he'll hit and run you all day. Gief is NOT safe to use. Sure you'll get free SPDs from time to time, but 80% of the time your getting pressured to stay away.

If anyone says that you suck cuz u get beat by Gief, post ur xbl name and get trashed.

And as for The Blanka comment, I cant give props to anyone who uses blanka, cuz wat u said is too true.

All his attacks, if blocked- are like unpunishible!!! From fireballs to qucik attacks, they never catch him. and also can cant aerial on him, thunder. and lets not forget that upper roll dive hits u from behind so even though u blocking it can hit u....

Im like, was dis guy this cheap on SFT2?!

Make your posts clearer. It's difficult to read a bunch of text crumped up together.

Their called paragraphs but i guess you cant see the similarity to those also, may be thats why you cant see how sf4 is like an enhanced EX..its your vision

Secondly, the hardware issue is not a problem. It can run on a PS2 if they wanted too. FA does not and is not a "tweaked" and "repacked" GC. Their just too different to compare too.

Wow! not an issue the ps2 has a what 64-bit emotion engine cpu;do you even have the slightest idea what it takes to run sf4?

But that would be great cause that would mean it be a water downed version,the characters would be blocky(maybe) and finally you would see all their repacking and how the Focus Attack is an upgraded Guard Attack

So if I use Sagat vs your gief, will it still be imbalanced? Because Gief isn't broken by any means. Because if you want to see broken, I'll show you broken.

First when i said unbalanced i not only ment The Gief i was talking about the whole game and its fighting system: some characters are over powered,unbalanced frame rates for attacks/moves,the game wasnt well thought out,guess it was more of a fanservice thing...And let me guess like most Sagat players your going to sit back and throw a mix of Tiger Shots well with Gief having two moves that dodge projectiles completely. 1 does major damage and one has lots of priority, and both have very good range so with dodging projectiles 24/7 and with practically no delay for punishment in between(SPD) the only thing "Broken" here is your reallity thinking you actually knew anything about fighting games..

(Also haven't seen any Sagat players win in any "REAL" tournaments)

And before everyone and their momma trys to challenge me know this: I dont care if you think your the best to quote a famous saying "Victory means nothing,the fight is everything!" <--wheres this quote from? So all pms with challenges will be ignored (which half the time are scrubs/noobs) if i run into you on XBL then keep this in mind "My strength is much greater than yours! Next time we meet, I'm gonna break your arms!" :lol: <--and this one?

Their called paragraphs but i guess you cant see the similarity to those also, may be thats why you cant see how sf4 is like an enhanced EX..its your vision
Perfect. Which sets up the next one.

Wow! not an issue the ps2 has a what 64-bit emotion engine cpu;do you even have the slightest idea what it takes to run sf4?

Wrong. The fighting game engine they used for SF4 is scalable (Even they've said they could of ported it to the PS2 and all you'd lose is visual and audio quality while retaining the main game because they engine they developed was flexible enough). Even though we do know the hardware the arcade version IS running on, it is really just a PC. And you know what PC games are right? PC games SCALE graphics to fit the hardware requirement. To which: Surprise! Surprise! Is how you get games to run on anything! L2systemspec plox

But that would be great cause that would mean it be a water downed version,the characters would be blocky(maybe) and finally you would see all their repacking and how the Focus Attack is an upgraded Guard Attack
Whatever :lol:

First when i said unbalanced i not only ment The Gief i was talking about the whole game and its fighting system: some characters are over powered,unbalanced frame rates for attacks/moves,the game wasnt well thought out,guess it was more of a fanservice thing...
You are retarded to even think that. Seriously, do you even know what you're saying? Do you have frame data? Do you have statistics on how well everyone matches up against each other? Did you take the time to figure out the faults for everyone? I'm guessing no, because you obviously have NO idea what you're talking about. Stop riding cock feed bullshit and do some real searching. :punk: And finally;

And let me guess like most Sagat players your going to sit back and throw a mix of Tiger Shots well with Gief having two moves that dodge projectiles completely. 1 does major damage and one has lots of priority, and both have very good range so with dodging projectiles 24/7 and with practically no delay for punishment in between(SPD) the only thing "Broken" here is your reallity thinking you actually knew anything about fighting games..

Hoho! Bringing up my inability to play fighting games! Good one! :lol: Now I'm gonna get down and dirty and call you a straight up scrub. Sagat's game is ALL about keep away (and the fact that you can HP Tiger Upper FADC into Ultra being the other). Do you even know WHY he's the cream of the crop? It's because he can CONTROL space. He can control nearly ALL of it with his longer reach on his normals and tiger shots. He's been like that since Super Turbo. Controlling space to the game, and unlike in ST, he can still do heafty damage up close with his links. And I'll repeat it because you won't read in between the lines. He can control space.

Hell, I bet you didn't even know this game doesn't have meaty hits like previous SF games. A wakeup (not even a good one) will get your SPD attempts EVERY time no matter what. People aren't stupid to fall for a walk in SPD (well the ones your playing are obviously stupid). I will not stoop down to a level where I have to give someone a chance. I play to win, no matter how dirty I have to play. If you can't stop tiger spam, tough luck, I'll exploit that crap like it's FIST OF THE NORTH FUC KING STAR.

:lol: Are you serious? Don't you watch youtube? I'm guessing ranking battles (both american and japanese) and the most recent NEC08 tournament don't count as "real" tournaments. Buddy, lemme tell you something. Sagat is a consistent top character, guaranteed, top 3 will always have a Sagat player or two. So stop talking out of your ass and learn to use your head.

HAHAHAHAHAHA you really blew your cover there. :lol:

take your trolling back to gamefaqs.

lol 'Watch youtube"....common is that where you get your skill, ripping others combos, How pathetic..and i said

WIN tournaments not show up and rank..ha! 2nd place is 1st place looser :So far all tournaments having been won with other characters not Sagat...bout the specs i wont even comment on that since you cant even seem to read you need to see it on youtube Ha!.....A closed mind is a lonely mind..."I play to win, no matter how dirty I have to play. If you can't stop tiger spam, tough luck, I'll exploit that crap like it's FIST OF THE NORTH FUC KING STAR."....Your a joke no skill at all.....whatever your just mad because Giefs kick your ass all the time....How sad :lol:

p.s. I was right bout you being like any other Sagat player: like your the first to try that strategy..saw it on youtube?

(control space=running like a biatch) always in the end i scrape Sagat Scrub players like you off Giefs boots.Your laggy connection will be the only thing saving you just hope i never run into you at the arcades cause ill send you running crying to your mommy.

Edited by teknokidd