Help needed Running coinops and FBA in vertical

bulge2

Im building a vertical cab (old galaxian cab with new 21inch crt tv and 1943 artwork ) and need help getting a couple of things working. i spoke to BP on msn about possibiltiy and he said it was in GOLD, but i can get it to work. I need to know

1. how to get the ROM list on coinops to rotate for vertical

2. will this rotate the controls on version CoinOPs GOLD (like it does in ignite)

3. is it possible to rotate games / Romlist in FBA (anyversion)

4. How do i boot straight into Coinops from turn on (softmod)

ta

Im building a vertical cab (old galaxian cab with new 21inch crt tv and 1943 artwork ) and need help getting a couple of things working. i spoke to BP on msn about possibiltiy and he said it was in GOLD, but i can get it to work. I need to know

1. how to get the ROM list on coinops to rotate for vertical

2. will this rotate the controls on version CoinOPs GOLD (like it does in ignite)

3. is it possible to rotate games / Romlist in FBA (anyversion)

4. How do i boot straight into Coinops from turn on (softmod)

ta

1.i think for the roms to be rotated in coinops then you need coinops+ not gold,just rotate 90degrees option.

2.no it wont,the only version of coinops that rotates the controls is ignite.

3.you can rotate vertical games and controls in most versions of fba,by entering the vertical games menu and turning on the rotate vertical games,ingame backgrounds and rotate commands.but again these commands are all in game you cant rotate menu.

4.you will have to make coinops your default dash if you want this to happen,have a look in the thread that emu newbie started and you will get all the details there.

remember with ignite there is also the option to mount the video screen vertically which means that all games vertical and horizontal will be displayed as if 90degrees rotation has been activated but your controls do on your controller are not rotated.but the same still applies with the options menu and romlist.

ok thanks fu - i did speak to BP earlier today and he said it was a hidden feature with coinops gold - to rotate everything. The skin could be adjusted or something....... but this wont give me full vertical (kemaps etc) as in ignite.

hadnt tried FBA but im glad you can rotate in that too....

Is there no way to create a new skin with rotated sections? im new to skinning so if i know it can t be done then i wont pursue...