I pretend like im into retro gaming

Akheron

but im not...

i actually just dont have the money to spend on new games and consoles, and even if i did itd be going towards bills.

i dont know if its because im getting older, but i cant stay into a game for more than 30 minutes. 5 years ago i could spend 5 hours playing just my GBA...but maybe its the games im playing

so how often do you guys play the old school games, and what would you recommend? im talkin 90's here, not atari ;)

its my duty as a pirate to download everything as it comes out, play it for an hour and declare it trash.

if I was sitting around playing old games I'd be neglecting my duties.

but im not...

i actually just dont have the money to spend on new games and consoles, and even if i did itd be going towards bills.

i dont know if its because im getting older, but i cant stay into a game for more than 30 minutes. 5 years ago i could spend 5 hours playing just my GBA...but maybe its the games im playing

so how often do you guys play the old school games, and what would you recommend? im talkin 90's here, not atari ;)

almost the story of my life, except that I can keep myself interested for more than 30 minutes. Being a JRPG nut sorta does that. Then again, I'm far from being a "twitch" gamer so I generally suck at games that require memorization and good reflexes.

its my duty as a pirate to download everything as it comes out, play it for an hour and declare it trash.

if I was sitting around playing old games I'd be neglecting my duties.

damn inky, spot on there :thumbsup1: , after work there's nothing like setting sail on the web and steal...errr getting any booty i can find my hands on and then get bored 30 min later and declare it the rubbish you speak of.

Seriously man i still beleive the nes, sega and snes as better than about 80% of the crap that comes out nowadays.

HF-

If the game left a good impression on me, i will play it again and again even after 20 yrs.

Example: TIE FIGHTER for PC. Greatest sci-fi flight simulation ever, to me. Nothing can beat that. I even went out to get original from eBay for this.

Still playing FFVII on PC whenever i feel like it (or on PSP)

Still playing Diablo 2 and the extension whenever i am bored

I know what you mean, there are some revered old classics I keep on meaning to play, but everytime I sit down to play them, it's not long before I'm reaching for the save option and quitting out.

...if Pokemon games have the option to remove the animations/effects for an attack (making battles quicker in the long run), couldn't Square have done the same thing for those 20 second long magic animations you end up seeing 10,000 times :/