So as i read in other threads on here

You CAN burn and play dreamcast games without a modchip with a cdr.

but do i need a boot disc if im not going to be playing PAL games?

I doubt im going to play any PAL games. but do i need it or not. just need to know before i go buy some CDRs

The vast majority are self-booting. For the few that aren't you can use Utopia boot disk. As for the regional differences I can't recall any problems, apart from having to patch some PAL games to 60Hz to remove the borders.

Don't forget to test any games in NullDC first to make sure they are working.

The vast majority are self-booting. For the few that aren't you can use Utopia boot disk. As for the regional differences I can't recall any problems, apart from having to patch some PAL games to 60Hz to remove the borders.

Don't forget to test any games in NullDC first to make sure they are working.

Okay. i downloaded the utopia boot disk so just incase i need it :]

Im DIEING to play sonic adventure 2 i beat the i think remake on the Gamecube "sonic adventure 2 battle" i think its just a multiplayer version of it.

thanks!

EDIT: also how do i burn them? i was just messing around trying to burn it to a DVD it figure out how to burn it. and it wouldnt burn. so i converted it to a ISO. would that mess it up?

Edited by Konner

Don't burn them to a DVD. The Dreamcast DOES NOT read DVD discs. It reads it's own GD-ROM format (which isn't a DVD format) and regualar CD-Rs.

You burn them just like you would burn any other disc. Just remember to burn at a slow speed, and make them slefboot unless you want to use the boot disc everytime you want to play a non-selfboot game.Why they wouldn't burn while you tested burning, is beyond me.