Most popular arcade games in Japan for December 2008!

garyoak99

Woah! I forget about Amusement Journal for a while and I miss a month's charts! No one here will be surprised by what is on top of the first chart!

Anyway; here is December's most popular arcade games in Japan starting with the games in the non-dedicated cabinets:

1. Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion

Bandai Namco

2. Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam

Banpresto

3. Virtua Fighter 5 R

Sega

4. Blazblue

Arc System Works/AMJ

5. Street Fighter IV

Capcom

Next come the most popular arcade games in Japan in dedicated cabinets:

1. Mahjong Fight Club 7

Konami

2. Sangokushi Taisen 3

Sega

3. Mobile Suit Gundam:Bonds of the Battlefield [Ver. B]

Banpresto

4. WORLD CLUB Champion Football

2006-2007

Sega

5. Taiko no Tatsujin 12

Bandai Namco

What do you think of this latest list?

:)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japan actually prefers VF over Tekken,Tekken 6 is just new right now.Tekken is not deep enough to take seriously.I think Japan saw through Capcom's plan to repackage SSF2:T with new characters.Seriously,I played SFIV last month, and all I can say is that I was disappointed.I had always seen the videos, and hoped it wouldn't play like crap.The animation is choppy due to obvious fact they decide to use 3D polygons instead of sprites, but the nail in coffin for me was the fact it played like SSF2, which is IMO a bad thing.They had so much time to improve on 3rd Strike, but they didn't.Trust when I say this, if you were planning to buy this game at least play it first, I cannot stress this enough.

Edited by kokujin

Choppy animation because it's in 3D? Please get a better argument. The only way Sprite work can look fluid is if it's done by hand. Just because a game like say Guilty Gear in 2D doesn't mean it's animations are smooth. It's has terrible animations.

Choppy animation because it's in 3D? Please get a better argument. The only way Sprite work can look fluid is if it's done by hand. Just because a game like say Guilty Gear in 2D doesn't mean it's animations are smooth. It's has terrible animations.

You are right, but the animations in SFIV are still terrible, and much more noticeable.It's a shame how Capcom went from graphics of 3rd Strike to the garbage that's SFIV.If capcom had actually tried, who knows what might have happened.