King Of Fighters 2003

-VIOLENCE-

I'm really loving this KOF so far. The changes are welcome, especially the tonning down of the overpowered bastards.

Anyone see the vid? This game is FAST  :o.

where is this VID located on the web?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cinder may have a point, but the fact is that he doesn't understand that 2D or 3D it's not the graphix that count! it's the feeling that counts!!! kof has been around for some time now, but converting it to 3D would be pure stupidity!!!!!!

My opinion is that 3D fighting games suck(after a few pathetic atempts like Mortal Kombat 4[MK5 Deadly Alliance was a helluvalot better, but still sucked in my opinion]and Wargods) and that as long as KoF is around there's no question which fighting game i'm gonna play!!!!! not that u (cinder) are 1, but any idiot/moron can say this crap on a forum just to get a little attention, don't u think?!! it doesn't take balls at all my friends!!!!

I'm really loving this KOF so far. The changes are welcome, especially the tonning down of the overpowered bastards.

Anyone see the vid? This game is FAST  :D.

waddaya mean by overpowered bastards?!! kof2k2 was fairly balanced (if u didn't use k9999's freak arm sdm over and over again with infinite super bars)!Where VID!!!!!! Where?

hey ^^ actually they are making a 3d kof game and there is alrady one out in korea, big over there but i think it iwill make a nice coversion. but they are still keeping the 2d genre alive.. no dout but still it wouldnt hurt to try new thing specially if snk does it !! remember shingo loves you ^^^^

Yeah, I saw some screenshots of KOF 3D. I never knew it's out in Korea... Ah maybe I should ask my relative to send me one. ;) Isn't it the first time SNK is going for a 3D game (maybe not). Also remember, Kim loves you too! :D

Edited by Genesis

3D fighters can be done right. of course, "right" here is being defined by someone who expects a bit from a fighter rather than a mashing-fest like Tekken (ugh).

they need to make a cel-shaded, 3d fighting game that feels and plays like a 2d fighter. incredibly high polygon counts (best thing about KoF detail is all the folds in the clothing, like on iori's sleeves and pants legs). gotta have some seriously high polygon count models. None of this "break through" arena crap... a simple stage with some people in the background will suffice. Details are gravy. None of that tekken-ish play mechanic though. If the SF/KoF play mechanics aren't the norm, it ain't worth playing.

The good thing about a 2D fighter done in 3D is that the look would be crisp and clear, and could run at very high resolutions with minimal detail loss. Characters could have multiple "outfits" (Kyo's 94 look and 2000 look, and it's about time Iori tried on a different shirt. I mean... he's been wearing the same outfit for over 8 years now.) The kicker though, would be allowing someone to select from multiple move sets. Like, Kyo could look like Kyo 2000, but could use Kyo 94's moves. This would be good because people could pick a character and a moveset that they feel most comfortable with. Home versions, you get to make custom movesets after playing for so long.

Oh, and Mai Shiranui. in 3D. Vanessa, too.

Holy crap, I'm rambling.

There was already a 3d king of fi....well it was fatal fury but they had a lot of king of fighter characcters, the game was called..(come closer) "Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition" my friend said it sucked but he's not much into fighting games except bloody roar(fag). It's rare but you can get a bootleg some where or get it off of ebay.

the game i was refering to was more of an rpg it wasnt that expansive but looked promising. it had limited characters though.. i had the .exe of it but had no korean extensions so i could play it :D ne way i will look around for more stuff i found alot of info on kof2oo3 at one site ask me bout it.. ^^ remember shingo loves you