How would I convert an .img file to .cdi?

I think mine is the OEM version of Nero 6.

Woah! I thought my old Nero 7 was old! The scary part is that I just replaced my old Nero 7 to Nero 8 so there are probably even more differences between our respective Nero software.

There is so much software bundled into Nero now that I get lost just looking in the Nero 8 folder: NeroBackItUp, Nero Burning ROM, Nero CoverDesigner, Nero Express, Nero Home, Nero MediaHome, Nero PhotoSnap, Nero PhotoSnap Viewer, Nero Recode, Nero ShowTime, Nero SoundTrax, Nero StartSmart, Nero Vision, and Nero WaveEditor.

Which piece of Nero software do you use to get to your "Image Recorder?" ;)

I would upgrade mine, but for some reason, the OEM refuses to completely remove itself from my system, effectively screwing up the subsequent installation of the newer Nero software.

Not that I mind, the OEM works well enough and it's not like there aren't lots of alternatives. I use DeepBurner and CDBurnerXP mainly.

my friend Google says magiciso will convert .img to .iso.

he knows lots of stuff like that.

thats pretty retarded since .iso is pretty much the standard for disc images.....

There is so much software bundled into Nero now that I get lost just looking in the Nero 8 folder: NeroBackItUp, Nero Burning ROM, Nero CoverDesigner, Nero Express, Nero Home, Nero MediaHome, Nero PhotoSnap, Nero PhotoSnap Viewer, Nero Recode, Nero ShowTime, Nero SoundTrax, Nero StartSmart, Nero Vision, and Nero WaveEditor.

Which piece of Nero software do you use to get to your "Image Recorder?" :unsure:

When you install Nero you get to choose which of these apps you want and which you don't. Personally I just use Express/Recode and that's all I need. If you want to convert any image to cdi then it's best to use DiscJuggler.

I would upgrade mine, but for some reason, the OEM refuses to completely remove itself from my system, effectively screwing up the subsequent installation of the newer Nero software.

I used this tool in the past to purge Nero installations before upgrading. IMO either 6 or 7.10 are the most reliable versions anyway, even if they do lack the newer features.

have you tried mounting and ripping the files in alcohol 120?

I seem to remember it having .nrg and .mds as ripping options. it might not support .img for mounting though...

The funny thing is that I took a second look at MagicIso and I discovered the Make CD image option; it allows converting files to .nrg files!

I converted it successfully and I can get NullDC to successfully boot up the image but now it won't let me get past the set date and time step...but that is another problem probably better suited for a new topic. I will check back here if you have answers for this new problem though.

Thanks!

I used this tool in the past to purge Nero installations before upgrading. IMO either 6 or 7.10 are the most reliable versions anyway, even if they do lack the newer features.

Thanks for that. I'll give it a look.