CoinOps Ignite LightGun Games

cba.gy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey cba

i also bought this emc lightgun; first i had to deal with lot of problems with callibrating but when using the mamedox128 calibration file into ignite it works great now!

except some games which you already mentioned in the list (callibration issues)

`under fire` its a great game.

Edited by dirk hermans

yeah ive tested all the mame roms so the list is accurate, others could be added as they use the hardware n software of existing roms. I "may" be looking at building a similar emulator myself just for lightgun stuff. Got all the tools n hardware with basic c++ skills but no time to dedicate. But i will have to see so "really" dont hold your breath. Plus i wouldnt even consider building it on an old version of mame.

looking into buying a couple ems top guns for mame and other emus. can anyone vouch for them? how do they work? also, where did you buy them from? i only found one site that had them. and what size tv do they work good with? i have a 56" widescreen dlp. will i need the extra bright led things? thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.

looking into buying a couple ems top guns for mame and other emus. can anyone vouch for them? how do they work? also, where did you buy them from? i only found one site that had them. and what size tv do they work good with? i have a 56" widescreen dlp. will i need the extra bright led things? thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy. For a 56" screen i would advise using the better LED stands. Remember when you use 2 guns from EMS only one pair of LED's is needed for both guns. If i remember correctly, when you buy the guns they come with the standard LED's anyway, you may be able to get different packages, i dont know. They come with full manual anyway. Whether they are any good or not is neither here nor there (there good anyway) cause its all thats available for modern TV's at the moment. Older type's of gun's used a flash to map the screen on CRT TV's. Modern screen's cant use this system so the LED stands map the co-ordinates to the xbox for you. The LED's plug into a port on the xbox just like the gun or a pad would. The gun comes with a laser sight if you like to use it (good cause you dont have to squint down the sights) also it features a re-coil feature which is necessary for calibration but highly annoying while playing, as it is plastic-y, clunky and loud. However buy them you wont regret it.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy. For a 56" screen i would advise using the better LED stands. Remember when you use 2 guns from EMS only one pair of LED's is needed for both guns. If i remember correctly, when you buy the guns they come with the standard LED's anyway, you may be able to get different packages, i dont know. They come with full manual anyway. Whether they are any good or not is neither here nor there (there good anyway) cause its all thats available for modern TV's at the moment. Older type's of gun's used a flash to map the screen on CRT TV's. Modern screen's cant use this system so the LED stands map the co-ordinates to the xbox for you. The LED's plug into a port on the xbox just like the gun or a pad would. The gun comes with a laser sight if you like to use it (good cause you dont have to squint down the sights) also it features a re-coil feature which is necessary for calibration but highly annoying while playing, as it is plastic-y, clunky and loud. However buy them you wont regret it.

thanks for the reply, ive been busy as well, so i dont mind at all. will be purchasing soon. probably will buy two and the extra bright stands.

• 6 months later...

Im having trouble getting any light gun games to work correctly with coinops. I have calibrated the gun and seems to work fine there, but when I play a game its wildly inaccurate and jumps about and disappears from the screen making the game unplayable. Is there some settings in coinops I need to add, or a setup for each game?

Thanks