Yippie Ki' Yay MOTHERFUCKA!

Alpha

Should we turn off the word censor for all Staff, Ultra, and Premium Members?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaay! Too flocking bad this flocking option can't flocking be flocking added to the flocking control flockity-flock panel.

Blame it on Invision Board. The option simply doesn't exist.

I can only turn it off and on for member groups, even with the latest version of IPB2.

Maybe they'll add it to IPB3? Who knows... but I doubt it.

If we can make a module to add it, that could work, but does anyone know someone who could code one?

General swear words should be uncensored. Certain things that are just over the top is what should be censored.

I know IPB has a feature to limit things like "?????????????????????????????????" and turn ALL CAPS posts into properly formated text.

I could take a look at the sections of code responsible for that, and maybe come up with something that keeps people from making a post with a whole bunch of cursing in it. ie; restricting the use of a curse word to like 2 times in a post.

General swear words should be uncensored. Certain things that are just over the top is what should be censored.

I know IPB has a feature to limit things like "?????????????????????????????????" and turn ALL CAPS posts into properly formated text.

I could take a look at the sections of code responsible for that, and maybe come up with something that keeps people from making a post with a whole bunch of cursing in it. ie; restricting the use of a curse word to like 2 times in a post.

What I was hoping for was a mod that makes it so the word filter is on by default, but everyone also would have the option to turn it off in the User CP. I would also want it on by default when people are viewing the site as a guest. I'm not asking you to specifically make this, but it is what I am ideally looking for if a coder can make it.

Good luck with that, it will take writing an entire new section of code that is linked across modules and a new DB table.

I say in that case, just drop the damn filter. We aren't here to babysit, that's a parents responsibility.

Now anyone caught being a total douchebag cursing up a storm, we can deal with that on a per user basis. (I haven't had cause to bring out my boomstick lately.......)