CoinOPS IGNITE Released

hellsfury

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also would like to have a download link. why not using newsgroups as previously?

The new full final package with roms will be arriving on newsgroups within a few days! It takes a long time to test all 1000+ roms are working properly ^_^

Can somebody please tell me how to add a game to favourites?

Also, if everything is running great in my current version (final public beta 6),

is there any point updating to the standalone version?

Cheers. ^_^

Sure there is plenty of issues esp with 720p about 20 bugs crushed in final and some locks removed... apart from that nope

Thanks BP.

But how do I add a game to be in my favourites?

Also, which runs CPS1/2 games better? Ignite or FBAxxx?

Cheers.

:D

Sure there is plenty of issues esp with 720p about 20 bugs crushed in final and some locks removed... apart from that nope

First let me say hi and thank you for continuing this lovely kind of work. :lol:

I was one of the testers of the old MAMEoX (you can check the credits if you want :D), and what was my surprise to see this scene so alive after a long time absent due to many reasons (real life issues bla bla).

At the time i did a build/dvd for my personal use with a certain number of games that i knew that would play, love, or wanted to test on mame, with all the files associated to them like screenshots and so on, and what you're doing with coinop has many similarities of what i try to do sometimes when making dvds for personal use for example. Making things like this acessible to most people, with a nice gui and frontend, where they only need to press play almost.

And with all of this talk, i'm not here to asking for a beta, even if i would love to help of course, but for other reason.

Since i noticed that some great games seem to be missing, like the classic Avenging Spirit for example, are you accepting suggestions to add new games to coinops?

If yes, i can try to track later more games from that list i did at that time that aren't on coinop if you want.

PS: What is the version of MAME that coinops is based? I ask because Avenging Spirit for example, was 'broken' in version 0.83/0.84, running in slowmotion only, but that driver was fixed in later versions of MAME if i remember well.

PS2: if this isn't the correct topic to post this let me know. :)

does avenging spirit have another name? as im sure i have played it in coinops.

mame on xbox is currently still at 0.84 but a lot of drivers have been updated like cps1,cps2 and neogeo to a later version of mame,also new drivers added to play vasara2,raiden fighters2(2000),streetfighter1 is now playing at full speed......

does avenging spirit have another name? as im sure i have played it in coinops.

mame on xbox is currently still at 0.84 but a lot of drivers have been updated like cps1,cps2 and neogeo to a later version of mame,also new drivers added to play vasara2,raiden fighters2(2000),streetfighter1 is now playing at full speed......

I tried the Golds version, so not sure if Ignite has it. Just came back so i'm not completely sure of all the new things in the xbox emulation scene. :lol:

I only know the game by that name, Avenging Spirit (avspirit), and the rom seems to have suffered some changes on later versions from MAME v0.127 to v0.129 for example. The new version has doubled the size from what i gather related to the older version of the game/rom.

I noticed those updates to make new drivers work on CoinOPS, so that's one of the reasons for my question. Not only we could have some more games, but also some of them have new and improved drivers.

Of course in the end what games we love and pick it's a very personal thing. I have a soft spot for Avenging Spirit and others, like other people couldn't care less for that game and prefer others. With MAME on PC always changing it's difficult to keep track of everything. I remember that game working well before 0.83, then it broke, then it worked again after changes to the emu and new pcb rom files. o_0

Thx again for the answers and attention. :)

EDIT: Just noticed you can add new games that are supported on this version and rescan for new games after you change that on the settings, shame on me. :D

So Avenging Spirit runs, even if broken and running in slowmotion regarding the issue i wrote. If i find the time, i could try comparing later how mame is running the game these days on PC. :)

Edited by Enkak