CoinOPS IGNITE Released

hellsfury

When you tried the fresh install, are you really sure that ONLY mameox.ini was in e:\TDATA\babe0004\system ?

Hi,

I decided not to give up after all. I definately had removed these folders.

I was also having the problem of the setting crashing my xbox once i tried to exit them, then coinops would not start until I removed all files from babe0004 in TDATA except mamedox.ini

I think the problem was my xbox file system, I managed to get some games working by:

1: removed all coinops and mame rom folders (had tried this previously) this time I re-named my rom folder something else.

1: I had to set the rompath in mamedox.ini manaully before copying coinops over. It would crash and coinops would refuse to re-start otherwise. once done coinops scanned for games - none found! :-

2: tried to scan for games again - blank (I had set the rompath correctly)

3: tried removing all files from babe0004 except mamedox.ini. Then the driver/roms database was re-created using the new mame roms folder to rebuild using the scan roms feature.

4: games list now appears however not all games work, im using the games that came with coinops gold full version so I expected them to work. (its as if the files I deleted were showing as deleted but were still there somehow. Have been using xbmc as a file manager.)

So now I have coinops working again I decided to follow steps 3 to 4 using a new rom folder with the games from coinops gold this time audited using rom centre. All game zip folders are green (I have an extensive roms list I use to re-build my sets).

Treid playing games some work lots don't - and this is using a supplied DAT file with the latest version of coinops!

I am confused, if the dat that came with final beta is supposed to help me audit my roms why do they show as green yet refuse to play?

Is there a public version of the DATs that give a working games list? its really hit and miss when I choose a game as to whether it works, it always says roms missing but when I check the roms zip they all appear to be in there (the ones that are supposedly missing) its frustrating!

How does coinops tell if roms are missing from a zip, does it use the dat also or a configuration file somehwere? Has anyone got a fully working games list (around 1250 reccommended games) or is everyone getting the "green zip files" from romcentre but having the games the zips relate to not work?

Does anyone else have these problems or am i noobly bumbling around here?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody got "Rad Mobile" running ok in ignite?

Mine loads fine & everything, but when I go to move the directions (analog/dpad) the car is like a pinball hitting

the barriers... Any help would be appreciated.

:P

Has anybody got "Rad Mobile" running ok in ignite?

Mine loads fine & everything, but when I go to move the directions (analog/dpad) the car is like a pinball hitting

the barriers... Any help would be appreciated.

:P

i had the same problem with rad mobile,the steering seems shot on this.i dont know maybe it wasnt fully emulated on mame0.84.so maybe a driver issue.

i had the same problem with rad mobile,the steering seems shot on this.i dont know maybe it wasnt fully emulated on mame0.84.so maybe a driver issue.

Yes unfortunately, the problem is still the same in the latest mame versions (segasaturn=gale racer) :P

Hi,

I decided not to give up after all. I definately had removed these folders.

its as if the files I deleted were showing as deleted but were still there somehow. Have been using xbmc as a file manager

Does anyone else have these problems or am i noobly bumbling around here?

Did you use XBMC "GameSaves" Filemanager in the programs tab or just the general filemanager ?

I found using the "GameSave" manager sometimes won't remove certain game files and coinops / ignite appears to be one of those awkward saves. Remove them using FTP.

Turn off xbox ( not reboot ) after clearing any files.

Re install / FTP a totally clean package, not one youve made ajustments to or attempted to install,

then copied elswhere on xbox or pc, as it may have changed settings logs somehow. Remember to power down xbox between phases then you know at which point things went "Pete Tong".

My roms are from pre-Gold days ( i think ) and i havent had to re-do any of them.

The roms Ignite claims are missing may be from certain manufacturers bios files.

I myself have the manufacturer roms in the roms folder too, bad habit from earlier software from earlier times.

Now when you build your roms you can build them with dependacies for other roms.

I think i build my roms with all of its roms in each set therefore deleting a game will not break another.

Open Romcenter and look in the options, see how your building your roms,

try auditing your roms again with romcenter if youve made any option changes.

If all fails, take 5. Usually helps to see things clearer.

Edited by cba.gy

Since no one is really helping me find naming or key issues or bugs as I know of quite a few people havent mentioned. Ive tidied everything and a new thread will start this week preparing for CoinOPS IGNITE (final) im pretty much finished and have fixed all the issues ive found and assembled a new full build 1000 best all time games (fits to a dvd just and will fit to E drive without needing any extra folders)

Since no one is really helping me find naming or key issues or bugs as I know of quite a few people havent mentioned. Ive tidied everything and a new thread will start this week preparing for CoinOPS IGNITE (final) im pretty much finished and have fixed all the issues ive found and assembled a new full build 1000 best all time games (fits to a dvd just and will fit to E drive without needing any extra folders)

Oops the last game to fix:

Terminator 2 (with sound) - midyunit.c

Lightgun X Key/Joy Speed 25

Lightgun X Sensitivity 15

Lightgun Y Key/Joy Speed 25

Lightgun Y Sensitivity 15

:D

Because of my daughter's holliday i didn't have time to restart all my tests, but for 480p:

cyvern 4 21 65535

vmetal 4 11 65535

dariusg 4 46 65535

warriorb 4 56 65535

If you're in a hurry sorry I can't test all the games in 480p this week.

I won't rewrite the vm but just place the values up. I can retest all the games only next week.

(Anyway I'll rewrite the vm for a personnal use later as I started to test a lot of different values, and will submit it to you even if you've already released Ignite, to try it on different Xboxes).

A small advice: whatever the settings for gunbird 2, it's better when this game is a first game launched.

When testing a lot of games the cache mem gets full, and from time to time it's cool to refresh the xbox by rebooting to free some RAM. (whatever the mame used)

Edited by stf