CoinOPS IGNITE Released

hellsfury

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FTP'd Ignite Beta Final to xbox with no roms or screen shots. Launched in order to setup 720p skin and set the available options etc. However once i finished the options and return to rom list it freezes / crashes. So next i copied my roms and screenshots to the appropriate folders and relaunched, still the same. I had to delete the saves from the e: babeface and start fresh for it to work and find the roms. Just a little quirk i thought i would post in case anyone does the same.

PS. F.A.O. BP

Which version of Visual Studio do you build your projects with ?

Edited by cba.gy

OK, I stop redoing the vm.txt for 480p.

I had many cool improvements (more than 1 mn better time loading for gunbird 2 or other big games) but i push the RAM to its limits and I'm afraid because we don't all have the same softmod or modship, so not the same RAM available.

I'll keep the actual values, and redo only those for "Malloc Fail" games.

I suppose the vm was made by guys often testing with 4 ... 65535. It's really possible to set with 8 ... 65535 and sometimes more (gunbird2 52 8 65535 is really faster when lauching because it distributes the memory blocks differently, for the same results ingame but 0 meg free).

So I won't write those values in vm.txt.

Thanks again BP for CoinOps ! I really have pleasure to use it. :P

Edited by stf

Does it has the roms folder any type of size limitation? I have done a compilation of 10gb and i can't copy several roms of my pc into the roms folder in Coinops (xbox). Quite strange.

How can i add an alternative folder for roms? Editing the .ini? I suppose.

Edited by javiertoti

FTP'd Ignite Beta Final to xbox with no roms or screen shots. Launched in order to setup 720p skin and set the available options etc. However once i finished the options and return to rom list it freezes / crashes. So next i copied my roms and screenshots to the appropriate folders and relaunched, still the same. I had to delete the saves from the e: babeface and start fresh for it to work and find the roms. Just a little quirk i thought i would post in case anyone does the same.

I have a similar problem,

when I set the rom path via hidden settings it often hangs when it should return to the prior menu.

This is especially true if I do a fresh re-install.

I can re-set the xbox and the rom path is sorted (can then successfully scan for games)

Also there is no option for a space on the virtual keyboard which is a bummer since I had named my different romsed folders names like mame, new mame and new mame 2.

Not really affecting the performance of this emu at running games just niggly glitches.

Sorry there is a reson why this feature is hidden its cause I dont care about it and wont code the bugs in it which are many. Remember there is FatX limits 4gig max for a file, 4000odd files max per folder,4000odd folders max, 32 character max length stuff like that. Thats more to do with xbox support :P good luck with this stuff ive designed it to operate with a max of 2500 games, as that is all the games CoinOPS supports the rest is a waste of space.

Sorry there is a reson why this feature is hidden its cause I dont care about it and wont code the bugs in it which are many. Remember there is FatX limits 4gig max for a file, 4000odd files max per folder,4000odd folders max, 32 character max length stuff like that. Thats more to do with xbox support :P good luck with this stuff ive designed it to operate with a max of 2500 games, as that is all the games CoinOPS supports the rest is a waste of space.

after changing my rom path using hidden settings now i have the following problem:

now no matter what i do it wont load a rom saying rom files are missing? I have checked the zip files all roms are there, i've run rom centre and it shows all rom zips as green. tried fresh install remembering to delete/replace UDATA and TDATA babe004 folders, tried re-copying all my roms tried using roms zips that I know definately worked in the past, no matter what I do error roms missing.

The roms are there I don't know how this is still happening after fresh installs etc..

This happened after using browse to folder in hidden settings, now my copy of coinops final won't work. If this feature is something that is causing people more trouble than its worth I say remove it.

Sadly im considering using my pc as my mame emulator I can't see a way to fix this :(

after changing my rom path using hidden settings now i have the following problem:

now no matter what i do it wont load a rom saying rom files are missing? I have checked the zip files all roms are there, i've run rom centre and it shows all rom zips as green. tried fresh install remembering to delete/replace UDATA and TDATA babe004 folders, tried re-copying all my roms tried using roms zips that I know definately worked in the past, no matter what I do error roms missing.

The roms are there I don't know how this is still happening after fresh installs etc..

This happened after using browse to folder in hidden settings, now my copy of coinops final won't work. If this feature is something that is causing people more trouble than its worth I say remove it.

Sadly im considering using my pc as my mame emulator I can't see a way to fix this :(

tell me how much rom-files roughly that you are looking to run?

edit/nevermind!

When you tried the fresh install, are you really sure that ONLY mameox.ini was in e:\TDATA\babe0004\system ?