I am finally a man!

Gryph

I was recently audience to an infamous IRC argument debating the nature of people who like guns. It was decided that gun lovers are rednecks who live in the south and have no education. It was also decided that anti-gun lovers are zit faced geeks who sit in their basement on the computer all day.

Way to be a redneck Gryph.

I wonder how many there are of balanced mind. Guns suck. Id rather face a melee opponent any day... even a ninja. At least I stand some kind of chance. Kinda hard to side step a bullet. The only reason I even consider owning one, is to protect myself... mainly from other that do have them. Or riotters. Or zombies. Or at an AC/DC concert (HATE)

But also... shooting fire/ nails/ chain out of a shotgun is badass.... admit it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many there are of balanced mind. Guns suck. Id rather face a melee opponent any day... even a ninja. At least I stand some kind of chance. Kinda hard to side step a bullet. The only reason I even consider owning one, is to protect myself... mainly from other that do have them. Or riotters. Or zombies. Or at an AC/DC concert (HATE)

But also... shooting fire/ nails/ chain out of a shotgun is badass.... admit it.

Yeah I agree (especially about the AC/DC concert). I mean, I personally believe that using a gun is showing a bit of cowardice. It takes anyone to simply wiggle a finger and shoot a gun. If I'm going to have the gumption to take someone's life, I'm going to make it more honorable. Yes...honorable. Doesn't exist much this day in age but I think if you're going to kill, you should put a bit more effort than pulling a trigger. Of course, using a gun on someone who has a gun would make sense. I can't see myself running and stabbing them with a sword before taking a few bullets. A bow & arrow would be more efficient only if I was able to shoot from a place I wasn't seen.

Edited by Hera

Yeah I agree (especially about the AC/DC concert). I mean, I personally believe that using a gun is showing a bit of cowardice. It takes anyone to simply wiggle a finger and shoot a gun. If I'm going to have the gumption to take someone's life, I'm going to make it more honorable. Yes...honorable. Doesn't exist much this day in age but I think if you're going to kill, you should put a bit more effort than pulling a trigger. Of course, using a gun on someone who has a gun would make sense. I can't see myself running and stabbing them with a sword before taking a few bullets. A bow & arrow would be more efficient only if I was able to shoot from a place I wasn't seen.

Technology debases honor?

From my perspective it can be a true statement.

Good for you Gryph. Glad to see you are executing your constitutional rights. I have shot everything from a 22 caliber to a 60 caliber. My favorite gun is my 7mm Remington varmint special. I use this till kill pesty ground hogs and to compete in shooting contest. Thought there is nothing like shooting a 9mm glock that I have. My favorite shotgun is a 20 gauge Ithaca that I had modded to shot all five rounds in 3 second. Got a sweet trigger and no kickback. Gotta love them gas operated shotguns. Yes I use it all fall I hunt a lot. Yes I kill animals but I eat them as well so shot me. So keep it up and shot everything you can get your hands on. Nothing like it for a real rush without damage to the brain unlike drugs kiddies.