I am finally a man!

Gryph

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you tell? Did you had the chance to flock counter strike?

Yes I have. She was quite tight.

Nothing wrong with blasting a few rounds off.

http://www.movievillains.com/images/boddicker.jpg

Guns, guns, guns!!!!

Old gryph rattling of a carbine haha

flock yeah! Clarence Boddicker!

Bitches leave!

One of my favorite movie quotes ever.

• 2 months later...

Gryph shooting a gun... hmmm.

Id immagine you have a steady hand. Although I never shot a gun, I'm quite certain im a good shot. I do want to go to the local gun range, they have some to rent. They also sell a P90, but why the hell would I need an asault rifle. They are quite nice though.

Gryph... have you ventured out again to shoot? You do live out in the boonies... im sure owning a gun out there is common place :)

IN Florida, we have signs posted everywhere as a reminder for tourists that "Florida shoots first!" I'm not big into guns. I'm still thinking about getting a shotgun though. Things are too crazy.

I would only get a shotgun though. I like the whole balls to the walls ordeal. I highly doubt people would want to come up on my property and threaten myself or family with a huge barrel between the eyes. I don't mind getting a bit messy.

I shot a gun once and it was on accident. It was a 22 and I thought it was a toy. It ricochet and when the cops showed up, the bullet was 2 feet to the right from where I was standing. (I was only 9 and it was at a drive-thru convenience store. I was friends with the owner's daughter.)

Edited by Hera

Hmm Shotgun. A prefered weapon if hell ever broke lose. Especially against zombies. And the best part... options.

The capacities are based on a 70mm length hull.

000 Buck - 8 lead pellets (0.36")

00 Buck - 9 lead pellets (0.33")

0 Buck - 12 lead pellets (0.32")

1 Buck - 16 lead pellets (0.30")

4 Buck - 27 lead pellets (0.24")

QB 8 - 8 pellets (Armor Piercing) - Quadrangle Buck is made from a steel cylinder cut into two layers of four pie-shaped pieces per layer. The numerous sharp edges gives excellent penetration; however, the light weight and poor ballistic shape limits its effective range.

Flechettes - 32 flechettes (Armor Piercing) - Flechettes are essentially small steel nails with tiny fins swaged into the rear. High penetration.

Slug - Slugs will pretty well flatten any target, armored or not; however, the issue of over penetration will determine whether you want to take the solid or the hollow-point slug.

Slug HP - Hollow-point slugs. Less penetration than regular slugs.

CS gas grenades - Combat shotguns can be used to disperse tear gas and similar chemicals.

Bean bags - Bean bags are used as shotgun ammo in crowd control situations, as in most cases they stun the victim but do not inflict lasting damage.

Rock salt - Rock salt is a popular home defense ammunition because it reportedly causes severe pain but usually no permanent damage.

Baton - Rubber batons. Used for training.

Now thats all official. This is where I come in... you can use a shell loader and put anything you want into the cartridges. Although, that would not be recommended. heh. Here are some I have found mentioned.

Avenger: Hollow steel balls with a low gunpowder load. Short range and low recoil, with low penetration. Could be useful in a situation requiring low penetration, such as home defense. Semi-nonlethal.

Bird Bombs: An explosive payload, which (in theory) detonates on impact. Roughly equivalent to an m80 firecracker.

Bolo: Two heavy slugs connected by piano wire. Was once known as the garrote slug. While impossible to aim, the wire becomes a very hazardous blade at muzzle velocity.

Bouncer: Two zytel (nylon) balls. High muzzle velocity, very low penetration. Semi-nonlethal, like rubber bullets.

Chain reaction: A 6-inch length of chain. Impacts in a rather random pattern.

Comet: A regular shotgun slug with a red tracer.

Detonator: Essentially, a hollow lead slug with an explosive tip. It's made with for the purpose of filling with your own explosive or other payload, which then detonates on impact.

Door buster: Tiny lead pellets, approaching lead dust. Impacts with full force, but over a larger area, with very little penetration.

Dragon's Breath: Yes, these really do exist, and yes, you can order them for $16.98 each. White phosphorous that ignites upon being shot. Creates a 100-yard flamethrower that burns for about three seconds. Contrary to popular belief, this does not damage a smooth-bore shotgun.

Fire siren: A small weighted whistle. Incredibly loud at muzzle velocity. Wear ear protection.

Flash bomb: Like the bird bomb, above, but using a flash-powder incendiary instead of an explosive one.

Mini Missile: A solid lead slug with a steel core. The lead slug peels away on impact, driving the core through hard targets (like armor.)

Napalm: Like the Bird Bomb, above, but filled with white phosphorous, which burns very hot upon impact.

Pit Bull: Six big lead pelletes, and one big slug.

Shredder: A lot of sharp tacks. Short range, but high trauma to flesh.

Smoke bomb: Essentially, the Dragon's Breath Round, only using a smoke powder instead.

Super flare: A shotgun-launched flare.

Yea... options. Anyway I just found this... interesting page. heh

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Sugges...of_Shotgun_Ammo

Hmm Shotgun. A prefered weapon if hell ever broke lose. Especially against zombies. And the best part... options.

The capacities are based on a 70mm length hull.

000 Buck - 8 lead pellets (0.36")

00 Buck - 9 lead pellets (0.33")

0 Buck - 12 lead pellets (0.32")

1 Buck - 16 lead pellets (0.30")

4 Buck - 27 lead pellets (0.24")

QB 8 - 8 pellets (Armor Piercing) - Quadrangle Buck is made from a steel cylinder cut into two layers of four pie-shaped pieces per layer. The numerous sharp edges gives excellent penetration; however, the light weight and poor ballistic shape limits its effective range.

Flechettes - 32 flechettes (Armor Piercing) - Flechettes are essentially small steel nails with tiny fins swaged into the rear. High penetration.

Slug - Slugs will pretty well flatten any target, armored or not; however, the issue of over penetration will determine whether you want to take the solid or the hollow-point slug.

Slug HP - Hollow-point slugs. Less penetration than regular slugs.

CS gas grenades - Combat shotguns can be used to disperse tear gas and similar chemicals.

Bean bags - Bean bags are used as shotgun ammo in crowd control situations, as in most cases they stun the victim but do not inflict lasting damage.

Rock salt - Rock salt is a popular home defense ammunition because it reportedly causes severe pain but usually no permanent damage.

Baton - Rubber batons. Used for training.

Now thats all official. This is where I come in... you can use a shell loader and put anything you want into the cartridges. Although, that would not be recommended. heh. Here are some I have found mentioned.

Avenger: Hollow steel balls with a low gunpowder load. Short range and low recoil, with low penetration. Could be useful in a situation requiring low penetration, such as home defense. Semi-nonlethal.

Bird Bombs: An explosive payload, which (in theory) detonates on impact. Roughly equivalent to an m80 firecracker.

Bolo: Two heavy slugs connected by piano wire. Was once known as the garrote slug. While impossible to aim, the wire becomes a very hazardous blade at muzzle velocity.

Bouncer: Two zytel (nylon) balls. High muzzle velocity, very low penetration. Semi-nonlethal, like rubber bullets.

Chain reaction: A 6-inch length of chain. Impacts in a rather random pattern.

Comet: A regular shotgun slug with a red tracer.

Detonator: Essentially, a hollow lead slug with an explosive tip. It's made with for the purpose of filling with your own explosive or other payload, which then detonates on impact.

Door buster: Tiny lead pellets, approaching lead dust. Impacts with full force, but over a larger area, with very little penetration.

Dragon's Breath: Yes, these really do exist, and yes, you can order them for $16.98 each. White phosphorous that ignites upon being shot. Creates a 100-yard flamethrower that burns for about three seconds. Contrary to popular belief, this does not damage a smooth-bore shotgun.

Fire siren: A small weighted whistle. Incredibly loud at muzzle velocity. Wear ear protection.

Flash bomb: Like the bird bomb, above, but using a flash-powder incendiary instead of an explosive one.

Mini Missile: A solid lead slug with a steel core. The lead slug peels away on impact, driving the core through hard targets (like armor.)

Napalm: Like the Bird Bomb, above, but filled with white phosphorous, which burns very hot upon impact.

Pit Bull: Six big lead pelletes, and one big slug.

Shredder: A lot of sharp tacks. Short range, but high trauma to flesh.

Smoke bomb: Essentially, the Dragon's Breath Round, only using a smoke powder instead.

Super flare: A shotgun-launched flare.

Yea... options. Anyway I just found this... interesting page. heh

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Sugges...of_Shotgun_Ammo

Wow...I didn't know there were that many types of ammo for one gun. I dig the Dragons breath rounds. I could see myself having wayyyyy too much fun with that. Heh...I'm somewhat of a pyro.

Edited by Hera

I was recently audience to an infamous IRC argument debating the nature of people who like guns. It was decided that gun lovers are rednecks who live in the south and have no education. It was also decided that anti-gun lovers are zit faced geeks who sit in their basement on the computer all day.

Way to be a redneck Gryph.