Can a modded 360 be detected on live?

SF2MJ

I dont think its that cut and dry. Alot of people have been playing on live with burned disks and modded systems for awhile. I know my neighbor does and he hasnt been banned yet.

I think its been about a year and a half now. It has something to do with your hard drive and the way the disks are burned. Look around you'll find out

it's all about proper backups. if your backups are good then MS will not notice you.

There have been many reports of people banned that didn't play their backups online. Remember, even going online with a game just to update it counts as playing it on Live. As Inky said, it all seems to revolve around bad burns/early releases.

every time you play a game, on live or not. there is information about the game saved to the internal memory, so when you connect, live can check all your games. so just being disconnected from live is not enough. the main thing is good burns, burn em slow on good media (verbatim is what most people use) check your back ups with abgx360 before you burn them. if it doesn't pass every check then don't burn it. don't play super early releases.

It's that simple.

• 1 month later...
I burn all my games myself, how safe do you think it is with that method?

I've never downloaded a 360 game, files are HUGE!

if they pass ABGX360 then they are good.

I just DLed Star Ocean.... 3 discs, let me tell you that was a ratio hit. and the game isn't even all that IMO.