Windows 7 Beta

Gryph

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't run into any bugs at all.

but then I only surf, listen to music, watch movies, light word processing, torrent, and burn DVDs. but it seems snappier then vista.

I like how Gryph had to remind all of you that it's a beta.

As for me, friend brought over a spare box and we installed it. Runs like a dream and it's awesome. Getting a lot of "Best Windows" since 2k from tech friends.

I like how Gryph had to remind all of you that it's a beta.

The topic is Windows 7 Beta?

I've been running it for a couple of days and I can't say it seems any faster than Vista or makes life any easier. It uses almost identical amounts of RAM (700+ MB) that Vista did, nor would I say it booted any quicker. I am having difficulty in installing some apps, and others have text/gfx glitches, but on the whole it is entirely useable (for a Beta) :naughty:

I did stick with the beta for a few days but a lot of installers wouldn't work due to it identifying itself as MCE 6.1 or something. I decided to give Vista64 a try and it is blistering. Although it uses 3 times the ram of XP and a shade more CPU, it is quick. I haven't had any driver problems either. I'd have to say it's the best Windows I have used. Hopefully Windows 7 rounds out a bit more over the coming months and I'll switch to the 64-bit version of that.

Edited by gavin19

If this beta is ultimate then f*** that!

I barely saw any difference, i hate to d/l OS and take money from my fav comp brand, so i wont even dl or buy it....what a waste!

WTF do we need so many diff version for!??!?! MAn Windows is getting cheap!

1.Starter

2.Home Basic

3.Home Premium

4.Business

5.Ultimate. <---Beta

PFTTT! Kick rocks PC!

For the general public it's between Home and Ultimate really. I don't see the problem with giving people the choice. If you don't want/need all the extras that Ultimate offers then you aren't forced into it. Go for either of the two Home versions. Starter/Business don't come into the picture.