Windows 7 Beta

Gryph

If you want a key try these:

64bit: https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pr...us/default.aspx

32bit: https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pr...us/default.aspx

You can download the ISOs from torrents which will probably be faster than getting from a single server. But here are the download links anyway.

32 bit iso: http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3...LFRE_EN_DVD.iso

64 bit iso: http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3...XFRE_EN_DVD.ISO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

System level DRM? Not want.

Sandboxing of said DRM? Not want

DirectX 11 on this ONLY? Not want

I've had it with Microsoft, I'm sticking with XP until it's no longer viable, then it's 100% Linux for me.

A big "F**K YOU!" Microsoft, and I'm never looking back. Vista was the biggest joke in the history of operating systems, why would I want to get within 10 yards of this garbage?

System level DRM? Not want.

Sandboxing of said DRM? Not want

DirectX 11 on this ONLY? Not want

I've had it with Microsoft, I'm sticking with XP until it's no longer viable, then it's 100% Linux for me.

A big "F**K YOU!" Microsoft, and I'm never looking back. Vista was the biggest joke in the history of operating systems, why would I want to get within 10 yards of this garbage?

k.

It seems there are only a handful of keys and not specific to user.

32 bit:

GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY

6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73

QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7

TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC

4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH

64bit:

JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4

7XRCQ-RPY28-YY9P8-R6HD8-84GH3

482XP-6J9WR-4JXT3-VBPP6-FQF4M

RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH

D9RHV-JG8XC-C77H2-3YF6D-RYRJ9

I installed the 32 bit on my mac a little while ago but haven't used it yet since I have to study. I also need to install the drivers which are somewhere on my backup DVD.

I got the iso a few days ago, but never got into the page to get a key so thanks for that Gryph. this weekend I am gonna install it dual boot with vista.

someone in my area grape it ,and from his words , I understand that it work very nice with low specific 's Pcs . and the same time the vista performance !

I don't know anything else since am XP dude and will never change until i find better thing !

someone in my area grape it ,and from his words , I understand that it work very nice with low specific 's Pcs . and the same time the vista performance !

I don't know anything else since am XP dude and will never change until i find better thing !

That's what I read from the previews, but it's windows, and I don't want to give it a shot until I hear from someone trustworthy (a member from this board) that Windows 7 isn't lame and doesn't alter performance like Vista does.

I can't give specific benchmarks, but honestly it feels quite snappy. Uses about 1.2gb of ram not doing anything (that 1.2gb includes virus scanner).

My previous install of Vista 64 (I'm using the 64-bit build of 7 as well) took about 1.6.

The update process was quite easy though. Just burn the disk, run it from windows, and upgrade. ^^

Had to get rid of the "Feedback" link on every window... having it that close to the buttons was horrible.

The start menu itself is very familiar if you're use to Vista at all, but the taskbar itself is very revamped. Visually, it is thicker and has large "quicklaunch" icons on it (not really that new). The main few awesome things are that when it groups the buttons together for similar items, on mouseover it shows previews for them, not only that, it has a close button for each of them. The last goody is the "show desktop" button on the far right of the clock (which now shows the date btw).

Another very welcome feature is that when you drag a window by it's title bar to the edge of the screen, it will show an outline and will fill the screen to that outline (dragging to the left or right fills half, top fills whole screen).

Only been using this for about an hour. ^^