Doesn't this?......

I see no reason for adapters these days with the 360 pad just a plug and play. and a ps2 adapter can be had for very cheap if you prefer the sony pad. the only wildcard is the N64 since the controller is so different I never found a decent button config with a standard controller.

anyways my 360 pad and ex2 stick cover pretty much everything.

One problem there inky, older systems used no analog sticks (NES, SNES, Genesis etc) and this poses a huge problem with your suggestion.

The 360 d-pad is the worst d-pad in existance! It's even worse than the elf sized one on the Gamecube pad!

One problem there inky, older systems used no analog sticks (NES, SNES, Genesis etc) and this poses a huge problem with your suggestion.

The 360 d-pad is the worst d-pad in existance! It's even worse than the elf sized one on the Gamecube pad!

just don't map the analogs in the emulator.... as for the 360 pad, yes I agree it is bad, but you get used to it over time. and like I said a ps2 usb converter is like 10 bucks. or you can make a homemade usb converter for an original xbox controller with nuthin but a spare usb cable and electrical tape. sure the idea of having the correct pad for each system sounds nice in theory, but in practice it's just a pain in the ass.

I agree on both counts. The 360 pad stinks, and for the VC I rather use the wiimote than a GC controller for nes games.

Theres really no hassle to using the real thing, provided you can wire it up.

Heck you can even use extension cables for the ports in a box project instead of hacking the ends off your controllers and wiring up DB9 connectors, leaving you with controllers that still work on the real thing.

[Project Box {Parallel Port

You stuff everything in the project box, wire the parallel port to your serial/connector ports. And away you go, easily being able to use the real controllers of your choice.

I know I'm making it seem rather simple, but once you wire up a single pad, it is.