Photography

Gryph

I have recently gotten into a photography and bought a new camera. Here is the first photo shoot I have done. I visited a future filmmaker friend of mine in our home town and accompanied him in taking pictures of two small towns in South Louisiana near us.

http://flickr.com/photos/freshyk/collectio...57611584580603/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These seem to be more about capturing the subject matter literally rather than making an artistic statement. By this, I'm certainly not criticizing these photos as bad, because you've done a fine job of shooting each of these subjects. These colors are seen in real-time, and the angles aren't obtuse.

If you're looking to pursue a career, or something on the side, in photography, you're well on your way. Photos of this nature are often used for news publications. Considering these were taken with a digital camera, you may want to look into offering these pieces to news websites of some variety. That, or perhaps a website for certain, local areas (like a town or restaurant).

These seem to be more about capturing the subject matter literally rather than making an artistic statement. By this, I'm certainly not criticizing these photos as bad, because you've done a fine job of shooting each of these subjects. These colors are seen in real-time, and the angles aren't obtuse.

If you're looking to pursue a career, or something on the side, in photography, you're well on your way. Photos of this nature are often used for news publications. Considering these were taken with a digital camera, you may want to look into offering these pieces to news websites of some variety. That, or perhaps a website for certain, local areas (like a town or restaurant).

Oh I am certainly not trying to make an artistic statement. It won't be a while till I'm ready to do that in any capacity. And this is just as a hobby, I am too busy with pursuing another career to even consider another one. :P

Thanks!

Cominus is not gonna appreciate you taking photo's of his estate with out permission.

3134042895_fd3eacf1aa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...