Nes-Controller converter to PC?

svt_lightning

Well if you buy the Trio for Cube/Dreamcast controllers, you can just test the PS2 wireless.........if it doesn't work, use a wired pad.

As for the others, I don't understand what you posted (Slow down? lol). Do you mean you don't have a parallel port?

I don't have one on my new PC either, but you can pick up a Parallel port PCI card on Newegg for less than $10 and tada you have one.

If you're comfortable wiring them up and soldering, you REALLY should do it yourself. It's satisfying doing it yourself, and a whole lot cheaper.

sorry lol i really getting close to buildying my emulation PC all i need is the case and PSU and speaking of that I posted up my specs to show people at the forum where im in charge of the emulation section (sad huh? lol). And they said 700W might be high 500-600 is around where i might be. tell me why i need 700W i want to explain to them

well if i buy that card where is that going to connect to a USB? or where?

It's a PCI card, goes inside the computer in a PCI slot.

700w is playing it safe, you don't want to barely meet the requirements. You could get away with 600 safely, but if in the future you wind up with 4 hard drives..........

You calculated 430 with just the motherboard, CPU, RAM and 1 hard drive and video card. Those specs are for standard average load.........500w isn't going to cut it with an optical drive, case fans and any other expansion cards.

It's a PCI card, goes inside the computer in a PCI slot.

700w is playing it safe, you don't want to barely meet the requirements. You could get away with 600 safely, but if in the future you wind up with 4 hard drives..........

You calculated 430 with just the motherboard, CPU, RAM and 1 hard drive and video card. Those specs are for standard average load.........500w isn't going to cut it with an optical drive, case fans and any other expansion cards.

ya where in the computer? the MOBO it goes in or where i thought it works like though broadband cards? you plug n play. i guess not

ok i am a explian that to them well + seen some 650 for a far price 700 they dont have that many choices at newegg or tigerdirect

I haven't read what you two have been talking about in-full, but it seems a tad more complicated that it has to be (no offense).

http://retrousb.com/index.php?categoryID=79

I bought the NES USB converter from here, and it works like a dream. The same level of comfort I experienced while playing my actual NES unit on my floor years ago is reproduced in its entirety when I use this. It's a mite pricey, but with it comes the luxury of using one of your very own NES controllers, as well as a commendable portability factor. I've had mine for almost two years and have never unwound the cord; it fits into my front shirt-pocket.

I totally suggest it.

$22 + shipping for something you can make with $2 worth of parts and 5 minutes of your time is hardly what Id call worth it.

Anyone half competent with a soldering iron (You don't even need one actually if you can get the right kind of electrical connectors) can wire an NES pad up to a parallel cable.

PLUS that adapter you listed, is $22 for NES ONLY. What about all the other controllers you can hook up the way I suggested, by simply making a box with the parallel cable wired to 2 or more db9 serial ports inside.

This stuff is dead simple, and by buying adapters for all those controllers you're looking at over $100 versus MAYBE $10 if you built a multi box.

I'm building my own soon, and I'll throw a thread up here with pics so you can see just how simple it really is.

@svt_lightning - Yes that is EXACTLY what you would need.

1+^^ I agree that is alot of $$ for just a NES controller. I'm not saying it doesn't do the job but for less then 20 bucks I bet I can get out a NES,SNES, and sega controller for less, but thanks for the help though

ya that sticky "HOW TO"" would be alot of help man I reconmmend making one. great well I got everything except the MOBO, case oo ya and ram plus that card as well. I'm just trying to avoid paying for shipping but I'm close to building my parts will come in mon or tues Ill post my specs in the other thread