Hk vs Coinops, Which do you use the MOST?

XtecuterX73

Info needed for data collecting purposes  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 years of development on "CoinOps" and there is not difference from HK's 128 version.

There was a lot of talk about fixing command line launching but that never happened...we still just keep going through a few pixel changes in background images....weak

With Command line launching we get any interface we want and are not subject to "improvements" that are nothing more than background changes.

Please implement command line and quit wasting your time within the old mameox framework wich you claim to dislike. ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch!

I can't rely on CoinOps since BP's mechanics use a LOT the damn thumbstick buttons.

My Hori Real Arcade controllers does not have such buttons!

;)

And when I use gamepads, I go with the original Sega Saturn pad, which also does not have

thumbs and does not have the BACK BUTTON!

On HK$ version I was able to adapt all the commands to work perfectly without thumbs or

back button, but in CoinOps I still can rely on such adaptation because there is a important

(at least for me) option missing in the INGAME menu --- The EXIT GAME option.

This is essential for people who don't have the BACK BUTTON!

Regards,

Cospefogo.

Edited by Cospefogo

command line launching is in.... just no one tested when I asked so never worked it out properly as I wont use. I addapted xbmc to launch mame games from its GUI eg it scans zips and launchs it in mamedox.xbe if it sees default.xbe it launchs it as a game. You will be please to know there is plans for a hidden option in ini to change all keys EG A button = Left Thumb. Anyways both of these have been discussed to death... both are coded.... both I would never use so are low on piroty..... and both never got true testing support to be put in

also these are on off requests and not really for main stream... and if sam cant see any realy diff in gui I cant help that he... to me its so obvious

Also Commandline launching is now offically removed..... here is the code to add and test sam

in main.cpp

define this

char szCmdLine[256];

szCmdLine[0] = '\0';

change this stuff

if (g_launchDataType == LDT_FROM_DEBUGGER_CMDLINE) {

const char* temp = ((PLD_FROM_DEBUGGER_CMDLINE) (&g_launchData))->szCmdLine;

if (strlen(temp)) strncpy(szCmdLine, temp, 255);

} else

ShowSplashScreen( pD3DDevice );

/*

if (x_argc == 4) {

argCursorPosition = strtol(x_argv[1], NULL, 10);

argPageOffset = strtol(x_argv[2], NULL, 10);

argSuperscrollIndex = strtol(x_argv[3], NULL, 10);

argsValid = argCursorPosition != 0 && argPageOffset != 0 && argSuperscrollIndex != 0;

// Show error if args are invalid.

if (!argsValid) {

while( !g_inputManager.IsAnyButtonPressed() && !g_inputManager.IsAnyKeyPressed() ) {

g_inputManager.PollDevices();

DrawProgressbarMessage(pD3DDevice,

"Invalid command line arguments:",

NULL, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0

);

}

g_inputManager.WaitForNoInput();

while( !g_inputManager.IsAnyButtonPressed() && !g_inputManager.IsAnyKeyPressed() ) {

szCmdLine,

NULL, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0

);

}

}

}

*/

//

add this

if (strlen(szCmdLine)) {

if (!romList.ChooseGame(szCmdLine)) {

"Invalid command line arguments:",

NULL, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0

);

}

szCmdLine,

NULL, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0

);

}

}

}

Add this to romlist.h

// NATEDOGG

BOOL ChooseGame( const char* romName ) {

UINT32 pos = 0;

std::vector<UINT32>::iterator iter = m_currentSortedList.begin();

for (; iter != m_currentSortedList.end(); ++iter, ++pos ) {

MAMEDriverData_t &driver = m_driverInfoList[(*iter)];

if (strcmp(driver.m_romFileName, romName) == 0) {

SetAbsoluteCursorPosition(pos);

m_gameSelected = TRUE;

return true;

}

}

return false;

}

//

code from nat dog no one tested to bug fix..... I can supply the source in mamedox for anyone that wants it and help them with there testing ;) its been removed from my code as it isnt needed.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

also these are on off requests and not really for main stream... and if sam cant see any realy diff in gui I cant help that he... to me its so obvious

Please BP...

If it is not made yet, please add a EXIT GAME option in the IN-GAME menu.

This will work as substitute to START+BACK.

Thank you.

Cospefogo.

if you MSN me and help out with it ill put it in ;)

it needs a few hours work id say.

basically its programmed by trig

it puts this into the ini.

buttona=buttona

buttonb=buttonb

LeftThumb=LeftThumb

all buttons are in there, and if you make

LeftThumb=buttona

it would see Press A as you pressed left thumb

Well coinops got my vote,

I have absolutely no idea how to do all that stuff ppl have mentioned and I have spent hours trying to figure this stuff out. After literlally months reading and figuring stuff out I finally have a decent list of stuff that plays and coinops is in my opinion the easiest mame emulator to use.

Ppl can't be arsed to work all this stuff out if its going to be popular it has to be straight forward and intuitive or to the people who don't have the time or inclination these features mentioned earlier are worthless, except to a select few.

I respect those who have the ability to utilise these programs to their max but many people just want to play games and they just want it to work.

Well done for following your vision BP and thanks for sharing it with us.

P.s. coinops ignite final beta is brilliant, well polished. Im even seriously considering getting an old cabinet and proper x arcade sticks for a truly authentic feel! The xbox really is a wonderful thing I wish more people realised what it can do and had the ability to make the most out of it.

Love and Peace all :D

2 years of development on "CoinOps" and there is not difference from HK's 128 version.

There was a lot of talk about fixing command line launching but that never happened...we still just keep going through a few pixel changes in background images....weak

With Command line launching we get any interface we want and are not subject to "improvements" that are nothing more than background changes.

Please implement command line and quit wasting your time within the old mameox framework wich you claim to dislike. :D

- SF added

- 720p fully usable

- Removed unused players 5-8 configs= more ram ingame

- 90° rotated vertical schmups with rotated key for playing horizontally

Coinops Ignite is my choice.

Its all good commandline talking was finished a year or 2 ago :D I have direct lauching in xbmc of roms but use CoinOPS interface now as the sorting in xbmc isnt as good.

My main thing is people want stuff added that I dont use but they wont spend an hour to help me test it then blame me when it doesnt go in. Why do people do this so much..... its so strange. Hours and hours of time vs 2 hours of there time and I get the blame for it not going in even though its something for them not me

STF has ask for quite a few features most are now in as he tests them