Hk vs Coinops, Which do you use the MOST?

XtecuterX73

Info needed for data collecting purposes  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the rom sets never really changed from day one :naughty: no offense (that was why I locked done the dats... that has changed now so I can add new games) but if it works in any other build it will work on this one pretty much. Stand alone is alot easier to get than full...also I never release so its the communities issue with getting standalone last one was handed to 10 people that said they would release it ;) I cant help the release side

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Neil, did you ever try the standalone versions? I had trouble too until i used a standalone build then i got everything to run and work pretty good.

HF-

Edit** Damn Bp we posted at the exact same time. SCARY, lmao

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

as I say the full build work very very nice the stanalone is ok IMO but getting it is other peoples issue I do know that every game in the full works perfectly well with 0 issues

PS neil its good to see you voted elsewhere other than coinops its good to see opions

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

I have pretty much tried everything. I got the emu itself to load ok, but even when I get individual roms

from packs that say Coinops roms (plus/gold), they fail to load, and reset back to my dashboard.

After so many attempts I just decided to give it a miss, pity really as Coinops looks the business

& BP has done excellent work on it and still is.

:naughty:

did you add the save..... also is the build correct

do you get anything on screen or does it lockup? I need more details

If it locks its no save

if it reboots it means build is bad from your upload or from someones build

Hey BP,

I got the coinops itself to load (after patching the default.xbe with "dexbe", as I have an older mod chip)

but when I try to load most roms, it goes back to the dashboard. Funny thing though, is that some roms load

like "gyruss" (which is from my mame 0.72 package), really pulling my hair out over this one...

:naughty:

I stick with MAMEoX128 Plus myself.

The main reason being options, options, and more options. Also I was never really happy with the fact that CoinOPS removed playable games (I'm not sure if this is still the case). Basically I like to set up my emulators and games exactly how I like them and not have it done for me. But I can see how this would be appealing to some.

On a side note, I would probably have played around with newer builds of CoinOPS if it's releases were less confusing. I'm still not sure where it's distributed and whether it's as a standalone emulator or a whole package complete with roms. Plus with all the different names (3rd Quarter, Plus, Ignite) it's hard to tell which is the newest. What happened to good old fashioned version numbers??

Just my thoughts since you asked for them. :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...

i use quite a few biulds,coinops is my main mame emu,mame128 for games that require vmm turned on or shmups for screen rotation,mameox0.72 for the mk,nba jam and rampage world tour games(plays with sound) and mamex-b6 coz narc,double dragon1and2 play best on this emu and it gives you correct aspect ratio in each game.

Bonus JZ you say this splits some that know emulation and those that dont.... I know about emulation but I feel sorry for general people that want to enjoy emulation without know it all emulation people using a steep learning curve putting them off.

Shame on you Bonus let people that want to play just grab a package and play without learning a whole new mamehead language. For you want a elitest package I understand but I know of how many issues are in HK build and its many many issues that have been fixed, plus there so many GUI features missing that arnt skin related or are skin and code related, plus it runs on a nice HD TV now and looks pretty maybe not exact aspects but on a 42inch LCD it isnt close to the same as old school days.

Take care