Hk vs Coinops, Which do you use the MOST?

XtecuterX73

Info needed for data collecting purposes  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, this thread is for the purpose of gathering some data and input for Xbox Mame related Emulators. If you choose an option other than coinops, please post as to why you use the other emulator the most>>

If you chose coinops over the others, please list some reasons why. This is not just a random poll thread by the way, the information gathered in this thread will be used to access and determine, if anything needs to be fixed, changed, or added in the future.

If you have some feedback for Bp on anything at all, please post in this thread as well.

Thanks

HF-

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoinOP has a better screen refresh, I don't know why. The skin is very beautiful.

The large size screenshot gives a very nice presentation, I've done all my screenshots with the action centered at the right of the screen (the most lightened part of the screen).

I rewrote the catver.ini file for a french sort by genre.

BP is still updating his program making CoinOp a reference :ph34r: , XBOX is not dead thanks to great guys like him !

Why Mameox128plus - because it still have Mame in the name :ph34r:

And seriously - i have written about this few times but seams like not enough:

1. was the first and any other emu still is not even close to this build

2. its support all mame info dats - history or interesing info about games which some of you really should now or read

3. supports replays input - and doing this best on xbox - when you record a input its automatically switch to default options ( i hope some of you knows what is Marp or few other sites like this ) plus its only one that can record 1cc input for games like Ghouls and Goblins - just try to do it in Fba you see the difference

4. options and once again options that lets you do what you like - i hope and showed how they can be usefull

5. you want flashy skin with perfectly allocated screenshots - just download my (from signature) or do it yourself

6. its run roms that i have from a long time and don't need to look for them again or download whole new set

7. its was release properly - with out some betas ,shitasss , asking pm , patches , stupid names , etc , etc ...

To the fun boys - truly i don't care about the name or other things like this (skin etc) - all i care are arcade games - and here are some things why I'm use one and not another. I don't have time to arguing so if you not get it what is all about - just skip and write your point. Still I hope to live the time to see good next mame emu on xbox .... (for sure this topic shows proportion betwin pepole that know something about emulation and the others)

(...)

I second that.

I am with Bonus JZ.

I stay with Mameox128 Plus HK$ build.

A lot of options that make possible SHARP screens with no blur & no filters.

Correct screensize displaying - I like to have the screenshots on their correct aspect ratio,

and not stretched all along the watchtower.

But what I like in CoinOps are the veru nice soting method and overlay

that BP created. I also like very much the colorizing rom name method

used. I miss this on Mameox128.

And I dream about a MAME where I can set up different screen size

for each game (just like the WONDERFUL XPORT SYSTEM), letting me

have my Double Dragons running on 256x224, my Sega games at 320x240,

other random games on their 224x224, 256x256 and the many other

resolutions out there.

That's it.

Cospefogo.

And I dream about a MAME where I can set up different screen size

for each game (just like the WONDERFUL XPORT SYSTEM), letting me

have my Double Dragons running on 256x224, my Sega games at 320x240,

other random games on their 224x224, 256x256 and the many other

resolutions out there.

That's it.

Cospefogo.

Hey BP,

We did talking for about a year now of a "dummy proof" mode in XPORT emulators. It now seems that we may get something similar to the original concept that seemed out of reach before. Now our idea is to have two levels of "lockdown" on the emulator which would enable different features. The first would be some basic things that are annoyances while playing a game like taking screenshots and adding and deleting favorites to the list out of the game or deleting roms to the trashbin. The second one though is like a total lockdown. It would only allow the user to play the game with its current configurations instead of being able to change anything. The only way to open all other options back up would be to turn this function off in the Utilities menu.

I think with a system like that in place that people could have their cake and eat it too...

I love the idea of giving people the ability not only to use every single tool ever provided with a MAME emulator to the end user, but also giving them the ability to turn all of that off so other people don't flock their crap up.

Happy everyone... right? That's why I do it. Otherwise, I'd just keep this crap to myself.

~Rx

EDITED TO LAUGH: "flock their crap up"......... yup...... that's what I said.

Edited by Robert

1. was the first and any other emu still is not even close to this build

etc...

OK but it has been improved in CoinOp. Try to launch P47aces with Mameox128plus on a 64k XBOX.

I also care about GAMES and I will prefer the program with most games emulated. About skins, details can make the difference and it's nice to have a good looking stuff.

I agree we miss all the original options and it could still be called Mame.

(for sure this topic shows proportion "betwin" arrogants and the others)

Edited by stf

Id love to here from real world people not mame heads as tech people may want alot more than the mass public............ and everyone here mame wise dont fail into the general public that I designed this for. Even so Coinops is nearly 2 to one at present. If enough common people want something added ill try and make it happen.

I know Bonus and Cosp views and no issues there they are after something that other developers wanted also, so I split away from other developers as I cant stand HK build I find it shocking hard to use and ugly all the features people say are great to me are clutter (except maybe autofire that I must add with a new twist)... but alas the other dev seem to be gone which is a shame really.

On the features of screenshots adding removing games etc thats allready in CoinOPS gold RX and its about to be alot bigger if you switch it to dev mode you will have acess to vmm sound paths (vmm and sound currently are reset back to CoinOPS way on reboot so they dont get locked with games not working). But im looking at options to kill and add depending on the mode.

My main concern now is to stop bloat..... so I might give out the source and all the patchs to do much stuff and people can custom build there own stuff alot of what people want is supper easy and ive coded it....but rejected it on the basis that I didnt use it so its bloat to me, maybe someone want to branch my code and change the config features around? PS im the artist RX

:naughty:

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

I have to say any version OTHER than Coinops. I have never had so many problems getting games to work.....EVER! To download a whole romset for just 1 version of an Emu is a pain in the a@#...

I'm not bagging BP or anything like that, just my opinion.