The year is almost over.

Gryph

My friend works in Starbucks, the Starbucks he works at has these two special employers. One is a woman, the other is a man, both graduating from a 4 year college with teaching degrees. Both of them stuck at Starbucks because no one is hiring.

That's how messed up it is :ph34r:.

Welcome to life as the rest of the world sees it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I want to get into depth.

My year started out just great. I received a letter from High School stating that I had been kicked from school due to absences. As soon as school started up again on the fourth, I ended up going to the principles office with my mother requesting permission back in. Which I was allowed back in, but under strict guidelines.

1.I was to attend night school for the rest of the year in order to graduate on time.

2.I was to never be late, be ascent, or dis-respectful at any time during my last six months of school.

3.I was to make sure my grades where above "C" at all times.

If you guys knew my habits with school, you'd know that all those rules where broken on a daily basis for me. So making a sudden switch was damn near impossible, and I was re-kicked on more then on occasion for having broken those rules (but let back in soon after admitting fault).

So for nearly 6 months, Monday-Friday, I was in school from 7 A.M to 10 P.M making sure I had everything in order so that I can get my High School Diploma. Not that I gave it my all, but I certainly put effort into it, another thing that had you known me, you'd know that I never do that.

I'm not going to get into details about the few times that I risked getting kicked out permanently, just going to say that it was alright, tough, and I got through it.

I'll go into Summer later.

08 was good and bad i bought a house which is good made the wife happy, kid is making straight A's and is in honors classes. finances have been tighter cuz of the sucky economy,im stuck at a job i dont only hate but i loathe it more and more everyday,but i cant quit cuz the job market is crap and i got a mortgage to pay. im so hoping for a better 09.

08 was just another year but with some unexpected events (as always). College had been going great and the classes were manageable. I met a lot of new people to hang out with since living in the dorms 3000 miles away from home you kind of have to meet new people. I basically stuck with the formula for daily routines and near the end of the year I've started to focus more on my major.

The thing that really struck me was that a friend of mine passed away early in the year which really depressed me and all of the people close to him. However from that experience, I and everyone else grew from it and that life isn't always cut out the way it's suppose to be.

I hope next year I'll be more productive in my studies and such, but I know it's still gonna be a long journey ahead.

My year sucked, if I was weaker willed I probably would have jumped infront of a bus by now.

Sept - Motorcycle accident, bike written off, lost wages for a week. Did not receive insurance money until TODAY!

Nov - Laid off on the 24th, from a job I have had for over 4 years (Originally started there 10 years ago). No jobs I'm qualified for in the area, only have 1 car (Wife needs it). I should be going to college on the governments tab though (My money actually, that I paid into employment insurance).

Other than that, I bought a house in May.........but who knows if I'll be able to make my mortgage payment in January.

I just learned today that a friend of mine died sometime earlier this week. The funeral is on Saturday.

Wow, that sucks man, my wishes towards you and your friend.

My year sucked, if I was weaker willed I probably would have jumped infront of a bus by now.

Sept - Motorcycle accident, bike written off, lost wages for a week. Did not receive insurance money until TODAY!

Nov - Laid off on the 24th, from a job I have had for over 4 years (Originally started there 10 years ago). No jobs I'm qualified for in the area, only have 1 car (Wife needs it). I should be going to college on the governments tab though (My money actually, that I paid into employment insurance).

Other than that, I bought a house in May.........but who knows if I'll be able to make my mortgage payment in January.

Keep your head up Cinder, just keep pushing forward and give it all you got.

What I liked: Not a whole lot, well my g/f I could say, but we got together last year so not sure if that counts. Um...I retook come college classes....um...year was alright, had worse.

Disliked: Not loosing weight, not getting great grades, not having any real money cuz I blew it all, lcd for the scum sucking bastard he is, um...thats about it.