The year is almost over.

Gryph

Here is a more serious topic. So the year is almost over and I've been thinking about how I wasted it. Did you set any goals for yourself and did you reach them? They don't have to be major goals, it can be anything. What unplanned stuff happened to you that you really liked or disliked?

I had hoped to get a girlfriend but that didn't happen.

I wanted to move closer to school and I did which is probably the best thing I have done this year. Not because I am close to school, but it's because I moved next door to some really cool people who I am now friends with which makes this town a little more bearable. So I didn't get a girlfriend but I made some cool new friends.

More stuff later maybe if I think of it and when I'm not busy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I can say it has been a good year for me. Moving to a new house that i really like, getting married finally, job is stable, having a great vacation at a beautiful island. Yep, life is good.

It was a weird year.

I met my goal to finish High School regarding the fact that in January I was missing 10 credits.

My countless weight programs failed, left and right, but I am ready to start up another one next year, this time I'm determined >.>.

I started college, just finished my first semester, half-arsed first semester but I began starting other goals. Which kind of affected school, and these goals fall in line sorta with gryph's goal (G/F).

Post more later, gotta finish my English Final Paper.

I had a good year.

Got a promotion, which meant more money, and I have also taken on the responsibilities of my new role well.

I have always wanted to write a book, and this year, I decided to take it seriously. And so, I replaced patchy sessions of on again, off again writing with consistent periods. I write almost every day now, and I have also had a few articles published this year.

At the start of the year, I became abit distressed because my head hurt so much when I tried to read, and it was taking away one of my passions - books, especially fiction. Again, I pulled my finger out, and went to a bunch of optometrists. The third one told me that I didn't need to buy expensive glasses - I just needed to do some eye exercises for 1/2 an hour every day.

I can now read again. I have read more books this year then in the past 5 years. The train ride to and from work has now become enjoyable (I used to loathe it) because I am lost in a book.

I also do other exercise everyday - jogging, weights and situps.

I travelled to Malta, Vienna, Prague and New York. All beautiful places.

I also got some female action in my personal life, and for that I am happy.

Right now, I am looking to buy my own house.

Life is okay. We all grow slowly, in stages, if we allow ourselves to grow.

A poor year for me.

The band Im in failed badly, I had to put up with probation breathing down my neck, I split with the love of my life.

The only good things that happened is that I got a handle on my drink problem.

I felt this year I was somewhat like a zombie. Getting up every day at the same time, going to work at the same time, eating the same things.... Although I made some economic progress and maybe next year I can fix the house some more and maybe get a new car. I'm going to try to read some of the books everyone should read before they die. And try to stick to a game from start to finish instead of jumping from one to the other without doing much in any.

Edited by Tynvar

I felt this year I was somewhat like a zombie. Getting up every day at the same time, going to work at the same time, eating the same things.... Although I made some economic progress and maybe next year I can fix the house some more and maybe get a new car.

thats the way I felt this year, it is like I'm in a holding pattern, the job market sucks so I have stayed in a job I don't really like. just doing the same thing every day to get by. but if things go the way I hope in 09 it will be a lot better.

My friend works in Starbucks, the Starbucks he works at has these two special employers. One is a woman, the other is a man, both graduating from a 4 year college with teaching degrees. Both of them stuck at Starbucks because no one is hiring.

That's how messed up it is :ph34r:.