Most Disappointing games of 2008?

Gryph

I'd have to say Mirrors edge, I got pretty excited for that game due to the trailers and vids and such, but playing the game is like punishment.

I don't know. I really like this game. The gameplay is so refreshing for a start. Try not to play it like a FPS shooter.

YEah I just try to see how much I can run without any fighting, I feel so free when running! *shivers* Im getting turned on just talking about it...gonna play now!

Ditto. THe game is so hard when you try not to shoot. Disarming can be really really hard because you only have 2 chances the most before you drop dead.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either Warhammer Online or Red Alert 3, since those are the only two games I've purchased this year.

Red Alert 3 was just hard as hell to play. The reflexes required to succeed are not something I have. It's a very well made game, and probably among the more competitive RTS out there, but seeing how it's obviously intended for experts, I was obviously disappointed when I discovered I couldn't play it worth a damn.

Warhammer Online was disappointing not because it was bad, but because it was only average. It was a really buggy version of stuff I was already playing, so why switch over? Unfortunately I didn't realize this until I had paid like 80$ for the collector's version.

Either Warhammer Online or Red Alert 3, since those are the only two games I've purchased this year.

Red Alert 3 was just hard as hell to play. The reflexes required to succeed are not something I have. It's a very well made game, and probably among the more competitive RTS out there, but seeing how it's obviously intended for experts, I was obviously disappointed when I discovered I couldn't play it worth a damn.

Warhammer Online was disappointing not because it was bad, but because it was only average. It was a really buggy version of stuff I was already playing, so why switch over? Unfortunately I didn't realize this until I had paid like 80$ for the collector's version.

I felt the same about RA3 at first too. But once I found the "Classic" controls option, it was on.

I absolutely cannot stand the ass backwards control setup, it sucks ass in Starcraft and it sucks in all the recent C&C games.

Another thing I like, is they didn't stick us with the useless crap that C&C3 has with unit "groups". I want control and positioning over an individual soldier FFS!

FarCry 2... It was devastating, okay... I would rather light a roach on fire.

I'm kind of starting to have the same feeling, but if you guys claim that the game does indeed get better later on then i'll stick with it.

FarCry 2... It was devastating, okay... I would rather light a roach on fire.

I'm kind of starting to have the same feeling, but if you guys claim that the game does indeed get better later on then i'll stick with it.

It does for some people. If you're starting to really dislike the game then nothing drastically changes for you to have a change of heart.

Dynasty Warriors 6 - I love to hack and slash but this game wasn't the same as the other 5. My favorite character diesn't have a story mode and was given a new crappy weapon.

Viking Battle For Ashgard - I got till Jan 4 to get a full refund from GameStop.

Grand Theft Auto IV.

This game received a 10/10 from a majority of the more popular gaming websites. I don't see why, the game isn't perfect by any means. It has the potential to be much better. It isn't very multi-player friendly. They should have included 1-2, or 1-4 local multi-player, and even system link. That would have helped. Also, there aren't enough modes for online play, people should be able to create their own missions and upload them online.

With what's available, it's very easy for the online play to get repetitive with the exception of Team Mafia Work and Deathmatch. They could have even put in a racing mode, there are vehicles and such, why not use them. The only reason that I could congregate for the absence of local player is, that, maybe, the game wouldn't be able to handle four different people on one map, on one XBOX 360 or PS3, while all four players are blowing up helicopters and jumping off buildings. Other than that, there should have been no reason for them not to include that.

The story mode in GTA games are always trash, I can't see it any other way. The missions are recycled and reheated left overs from years ago. "Go to this destination, kill this person's henchmen, Oh no, this person's escaping, get in a vehicle and chase him down, and while you're at it, kill him too." It's just a bunch of toxic waste when it comes to completing story mode. Where hundreds of missions need to be completed, all of them, contain no diversity whatsoever. They are just undesirable and can be extremely tiresome and aggravating. It even gets more sensational when putting in cheat codes disable Achievements, and how the police can derail your mission in no time.