Most Disappointing games of 2008?

Gryph

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say Mirrors edge, I got pretty excited for that game due to the trailers and vids and such, but playing the game is like punishment.

Stalker - Clear Sky :D

My case still has bugs crawling out of it to this day, what a let down, it could have been something special.

POJ!

For me it's SPORE I have never known a game so basic and yawnabile I got to the tribe section then quit.

Wank.

Biggest let down for me though has to be brothers in arms hells highway - It still has the same retarded AI for tanks all this other bullshit I really was gutted, i mean a trailer i saw showed you baker firing his machine gun threw a blanket hung on a washing line you saw all the holes it made in the cloth then the nazi fall down and die.

Not once did I see this moment, I still think earned in blood is the best one, but wont be holding my breath for anything improved in the next outing, i dont get burned three times unless its something to do with women.

This year I have spent 180 pound on the so called cream of the crop and I only found three game worth my time: FarCry two, fallout 3 and football manager 2009. Everything else was a waste of a PC gamers time. (near enough to my FPS tastes)

Sonic Unleashed

I'm sick of sega tricking me into buying sonic games :D but then I fall for it every time. :ph34r: Why cant they just make a 2.5 sonic, please the fans, no crazy animal friends, no 3d crap, and no transformations or weird addons. Just Sonic, stages to run in and challenging bosses. Something like Klonoa. They can keep Tails and Knuckles. The rest -> Trash.

Edited by Tynvar

Dude, all u need to do is to get a party with a least 3 dudes, AND matches come quicker and so u dont leave other players when the game is over.

Im Usually in a party of 3 or 4. When im in a party of 2, i play wingman.

GTA4 just felt too "more of the same" to me. But I haven't played the game very much.

Havent seen you in awhile or maybe i just been missing your post. BUt I agree with you, played online for an hour it was like....um .....ok

I got halfway done and traded it.

GOW2 to me was just like GOW1, if you didn't like multiplayer chances are you sucked at the game.

So it has to be cause i suck? Couldnt POSSIBLY be that the chainsaw walks through shots, that even with my terrible connection they make me host and the entire match is unplayable until the majority of the players leave, and then when you FINALLY find a good match, everyone is playing like crap by ONLY using smoke grenades and chainsaws...............yea it HAS to be cause i suck and NOT AT ALL because the game is broken as flock.

Dude, all u need to do is to get a party with a least 3 dudes, AND matches come quicker and so u dont leave other players when the game is over.

GTA4 just felt too "more of the same" to me. But I haven't played the game very much.

Havent seen you in awhile or maybe i just been missing your post. BUt I agree with you, played online for an hour it was like....um .....ok

GOW2 to me was just like GOW1, if you didn't like multiplayer chances are you sucked at the game.

So it has to be cause i suck? Couldnt POSSIBLY be that the chainsaw walks through shots, that even with my terrible connection they make me host and the entire match is unplayable until the majority of the players leave, and then when you FINALLY find a good match, everyone is playing like crap by ONLY using smoke grenades and chainsaws...............yea it HAS to be cause i suck and NOT AT ALL because the game is broken as flock.

I guess thats GOW2 because GOW1 had none of what you just spoke of. I dont have a crappy connection so I rarely get any lag, and smoke grenades and chainsaws? Ever heard of the sniper rifle/shot gun? Headshots do kill, so it has to be you. You could always tag them with a grenade, and if chainsaws avoid bullets then why dont you do that chainsaw combat? I mean isn't that what it was meant for? :ph34r:

I guess thats GOW2 because GOW1 had none of what you just spoke of. I dont have a crappy connection so I rarely get any lag, and smoke grenades and chainsaws? Ever heard of the sniper rifle/shot gun? Headshots do kill, so it has to be you. You could always tag them with a grenade, and if chainsaws avoid bullets then why dont you do that chainsaw combat? I mean isn't that what it was meant for? :ph34r:

Yes gears of war 2. And all that stuff is what the other players are doing, not me. I try to avoid use of the lancer at all times. It takes the fun out of the game by getting easy kills that require NO skill at all.

And my connection sucks...................for hosting, otherwise i dont get lag either but this DSL connection cannot handle 10 players at the same time. The thing is...I KNOW THIS, so why in the world would i ever host? I wouldnt. and GoW1 gave you that option, GoW2 doesnt.

When i play, i play well, but the game is hard to enjoy with it catering to noobs and being buggy as hell. Il stick to GOW1 until they fix all of that.

I'd have to say Mirrors edge, I got pretty excited for that game due to the trailers and vids and such, but playing the game is like punishment.

I don't know. I really like this game. The gameplay is so refreshing for a start. Try not to play it like a FPS shooter.

I don't know. I really like this game. The gameplay is so refreshing for a start. Try not to play it like a FPS shooter.

YEah I just try to see how much I can run without any fighting, I feel so free when running! *shivers* Im getting turned on just talking about it...gonna play now!