FCEUX version 2.03 help!

Hi

I'm trying to get my emu to go full screen but it won't. it keeps giving me the following error message whenever I try

DirectDraw: Error setting display mode.

Can anyone help me out?

Also, I made a guide for the Legend of Zelda Parallel Worlds. It is not complete yet, but I have the entire first quest done, among other stuff. I would like some people to view the guide and use it to see how it is/ give me suggestions. I coud also use help for a lot of stuff from anyone willing to help out. Thank you for your time. If you want the guide, just tell me here and I will include a megaupload link.

Oh yeah,

**** Gamefaqs moderators (is swearing allowed?)

Very few video hardware (and more so their drivers) these days support true 320x240x8. 640x480 is the lowest most video hardware will ever do. That, or then anything lower will be upscaled to 640x480.

Argh it wont work! I seems to try to go to full screen mode, but then just goes back to regular! Can someone please describe to me step by step what to do?

EDIT: Ok, now I am really frustrated. I tried setting the video mode to 1280 x 1024 5x 4y and it gives me this error

DirectDraw: error creating secondary surface

I also tried setting custom to my screen res but it just stays in a black box on the upper left hand corner of my screen and still plays the game. I can't see anything but it still plays. THis is honestly ****ing retarded, the emulator should just have an option to go full screen, not have me **** around with stupid options that make the user confused. JNES will go full screen for me perfectly fine. I just click on it in a menu and it goes full screen. That is how FCEUX should handel things. Sorry to rant, but I am angry, I have tried everything and nothing will work.

Edited by U.Warrior

Ok, I think I got it to work. I set it with custom with these settings

Video mode: custom

res: 1280 X 1024 32 bpp

special scaler: hq3x

stretch to fill screen

Wow, I must say, everything looks ALOT better with this hq3x stuff! Finaly got full mode by hiding my taskbar though. I still say it is ridiculous and needs to be made a lot simpelr but whatever. Anyways, can somone PLZ check out my guide??? I worked hard on it and would like some feedback. SO any LOZ players out there plz help me out thanks! My graphics card is a Nividia GEFORCE 9300 so yeah, that explains why the 300 resolution thing wont work. Thanks though! This site rocks!

Ok, I think I got it to work. I set it with custom with these settings

Video mode: custom

res: 1280 X 1024 32 bpp

special scaler: hq3x

stretch to fill screen

Wow, I must say, everything looks ALOT better with this hq3x stuff! Finaly got full mode by hiding my taskbar though. I still say it is ridiculous and needs to be made a lot simpelr but whatever. Anyways, can somone PLZ check out my guide??? I worked hard on it and would like some feedback. SO any LOZ players out there plz help me out thanks! My graphics card is a Nividia GEFORCE 9300 so yeah, that explains why the 300 resolution thing wont work. Thanks though! This site rocks!

:D You have to remember newer hardware requires some tweaking to get older stuff running.