FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

cba.gy, each skin has to be in his own directory and it's ok.

Yes, well done. Thats neither what i said or what i meant.

Remember, its you having problems, not i !

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those with skin problems, i have found that having a "Default" skin installed makes things go away. Don't know why, it just does. Perhaps it just requires that directory, i dunno. Can't speak about the Gilou skin as i don't use it. I only use my own and another default that i made.
cba.gy, each skin has to be in his own directory and it's ok.

Yes, well done. Thats neither what i said or what i meant.

Remember, its you having problems, not i !

Good for you and good for me, then. :P

I guess you know what you're doing too, even you weren't very clear before.

Actually, once a folder is selected you don't even have to keep a "default" folder for later use. The name doesn't matter, it's just it was named like that at start. Just look the way the original ini file is made.

Well, whatever...

Kenshiro,

I had this issue hours ago and posted about it here. I realized my error in between and that is why I didn't mention it again in my later PM .

Edited by waal

On having read through what i wrote, your right, its about as clear as mud.

What i meant was, if your launching a skin that maybe has a minor fault in the xml,

(not saying anyone has released bad xml)

the emulator seems to default and use settings from from "Default" skin folder.

(in my findings, although it could be hardcoded to the xbe)

Now if you have no default skin folder a black screen ensues.

Of course this could have all been just coincidence. Its something i was testing months back.

May not even happen with newer FBA betas.

Havent tested again as im only just focusing back on FBA after playing with Madmabs Xport emulators.

Another common reason for the black screen is when changing skin from a SD to a HD skin.

If you try to change skin, from the emulator options, to HD you are greeted with a black screen.

The accepted way to change to HD skins, is to launch a game, enter game options menu and make

the change to HD from there.

All a bit academic now anyway as you have it fixed.

sorry to be a pain in the a$$ could someone hook me up with everything needed to get 1.29 up and running, don't have FBA installed on the xbox at all was wondering if there is an "all in one package" kicking about?

;)

There's a full 1.29 romset which includes one of the later builds of 1.29, over at a particular site. Which of course I can't link to and is invite only anyway. Someone may have shoved it on a torrent somewhere, I don't know.

There's a full 1.29 romset which includes one of the later builds of 1.29, over at a particular site. Which of course I can't link to and is invite only anyway. Someone may have shoved it on a torrent somewhere, I don't know.

ok thanks anyway ;)

edit - looked for the torrent but no joy oh well guess unless someone is willing to invite me to said site will just have to do without :)

Edited by sbpaabck

Had a feeling someone would have put it up somewhere else. Just so you know you're getting the full set, it should be over 5GB in size. If it's not, then it's not the set I was talking about.

Had a feeling someone would have put it up somewhere else. Just so you know you're getting the full set, it should be over 5GB in size. If it's not, then it's not the set I was talking about.

its that one ;)