FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

I'm back from work right now, Kenshiro. Finally the weekend starts for me. :)

I updated my romset last night and had a quick look this morning. It appears Turbo Outrun freezes on a black screen and Wonderboy III loops at startup on somekind of tests (like sprite color cycles). FBAXXX tells the roms are ok, though. (They are imported from Mame 0.133).

I will check this more thoroughly this evening and be right back.

By the way, thanks for the beta !

Edited by waal

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried a couple games, not finished though.

1) Aurail - minor slowdowns.

2) 1945k - visual glitches run along the screen, in almost a wave, from top left to bottom right. Awsome game though. :)

3) Gunbird - Froze my xbox a couple times on start up.

4) Strikers - 19453 (World) Started, then would freeze near the end of the first stage.

5) Tried Shinobi - Froze the xbox 3 times.

Hope that helps. I'll keep playing. :D

Thanks guys. I gonna check that now :)

Dave, i need to send my sources, Sega drivers seems hating me or FBA-XXX, there's a loooooooot of problems with them.

EDIT: 3) Gunbird - Froze my xbox a couple times on start up ----> i can't reproduce it. I launched it at least 5 times, launch others games after, no problems... Everyone has the same problem?

Edited by - kenshiro -

Thanks guys. I gonna check that now :D

Dave, i need to send my sources, Sega drivers seems hating me or FBA-XXX, there's a loooooooot of problems with them.

EDIT: 3) Gunbird - Froze my xbox a couple times on start up ----> i can't reproduce it. I launched it at least 5 times, launch others games after, no problems... Everyone has the same problem?

I confirm for the Sega games I mentioned before. First I thought I build a wrong set but it's OK, it works on FBA 029706.

Regarding the interface, I can't select the "change skin" item (not that I care too much, the new one is so goldo-nice).

The emulator seems to freeze randomly, once when I was browsing the options and other times in the game list.

(Vas-y mon gars !!! La France te regarde ! :) )

Thanks guys. I gonna check that now :D

I confirm for the Sega games I mentioned before. First I thought I build a wrong set but it's OK, it works on FBA 029706.

Regarding the interface, I can't select the "change skin" item (not that I care too much, the new one is so goldo-nice).

The emulator seems to freeze randomly, once when I was browsing the options and other times in the game list.

(Vas-y mon gars !!! La France te regarde ! :) )

Same problem when entering option... Gillou9999 do you have the same problem? i need to reinstall the old skin to see if the new one cause the issue...

PS la bite au cul la france, du moins ces c******* de Gx-Mod.

Edited by - kenshiro -

1.regarding the skin problem i can change the skin to the default skin and change back to gilou skin without any problems.

2.i tried shinobi and never got any freezing issues,janthony were you playing the game for a few levels as i played for about 5-10mins and never had any issues.

3.regarding 1945k as far as i can tell that wavy effect isnt a glitch as i have seen this before in mame,you have to turn on one of the graphic filters and you dont get that issue.

it could be that you are playing it on a widescreen tv with the screen rotated ie stretched which causes that.well thats how i play it and i did notice this but as i said above.

4.gunbird works fine for me.

5.shadow dancer crashes when you try and exit the game during gameplay.

6.an odd thing i found with strikers 1945 3,if you play the game for the first time then you can play to about the second and third level,then once you exit out and go and play it again it will crash about halway through the first level.

but if you delete the strikers 1945 3 nv file in the fbaxxxpro folder then you can play right up to the third level usually.

1.regarding the skin problem i can change the skin to the default skin and change back to gilou skin without any problems.

2.i tried shinobi and never got any freezing issues,janthony were you playing the game for a few levels as i played for about 5-10mins and never had any issues.

3.regarding 1945k as far as i can tell that wavy effect isnt a glitch as i have seen this before in mame,you have to turn on one of the graphic filters and you dont get that issue.

it could be that you are playing it on a widescreen tv with the screen rotated ie stretched which causes that.well thats how i play it and i did notice this but as i said above.

6.an odd thing i found with strikers 1945 3,if you play the game for the first time then you can play to about the second and third level,then once you exit out and go and play it again it will crash about halway through the first level.

but if you delete the strikers 1945 3 nv file in the fbaxxxpro folder then you can play right up to the third level usually.

Yeah, I have a wide screen tv. I know they were not thinking of making these games for home user's in mind, with 27'' - 52'' HDTV's. So I have to try that out with the graphic filter. Sometime I don't know if its my roms or not, some of them are missing files and I need to run them through romcenter or clr. I don't know how to do that, so I just play the games that load. Thanks for the tip. :)

Test builded sent to everyone who request it.

Good luck and thanks. Moooooooooo!

EDIT: as always use the DATs included in the folder. Moooooooooooo!

Hello :D

request :)

For those with skin problems, i have found that having a "Default" skin installed makes things go away. Don't know why, it just does. Perhaps it just requires that directory, i dunno. Can't speak about the Gilou skin as i don't use it. I only use my own and another default that i made.

Yeah, I have a wide screen tv. I know they were not thinking of making these games for home user's in mind, with 27'' - 52'' HDTV's. So I have to try that out with the graphic filter. Sometime I don't know if its my roms or not, some of them are missing files and I need to run them through romcenter or clr. I don't know how to do that, so I just play the games that load. Thanks for the tip. :P

1. Correct. My mistake, I merged the old and new folders when uploading. Should have renamed before updating.

2. All Shinobi sets plays OK except Set 1 & 2 => Black screen after "the romset is correct" was displayed.

4. Gunbird Korea, Japan and World were OK first. Then I had a black screen until I deleted CFG files in TDATA/FFFF504/CFG. Since it's ok. Some games like Dodonpachi/Donpachi worked again with this method.

5. I Confirm. Freeze then reboot needed.

Kenshiro, you have a PM.

cba.gy, each skin has to be in his own directory and it's ok.

Ah and I forgot to tell you that this release will be a great one when finalized. It's the first time I see Power Drift, G-Lock and Galaxy Force II on a TV set and it makes me feel soooo nostalgic.

Edited by waal

Thanks for all the report :P

Waal, i assume you send me the PM before realize you merged the two folder right? If yeah i gonna slap your butt.

Well due to the report i have a lot of things to recheck. The only things who annoying me is some people get troubles on some games, some others not. Please be sure to perform a clean install, delete all saves config files... Erm just keep the old folders, delete all files in it except roms folder, and upload the new one. Moooooooooooo!