FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

If you have a version of 1.29 that didn't come with the dats, then yeah, you run the emu, go to the main menu and select generate dats. Two dat files will appear in FBA's root folder. Take the one labled Romcenter if you use that or the other if you use ClrMame Pro. You'll find you need to update most if not all of the roms you have if they're that old. FBA 1.29 uses much newer ones. For most games the very latest MAME romsets work, MAME v1.32. So go to your favourite up to date MAME rom site and download the games you want. Or if you can find it, there is a full FBA-XXX Pro 1.29 romset out there.

By the way Kenshiro, are you still working on a final official release of FBA-XXX?

Edited by The-Ice-Man

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may find the full romset hard to find. I've only seen it in one place and that place is invitation only. I've never downloaded a full romset myself for anything though, coz I only want the games I actually like and I don't bother with clones.

For FBA I used a site that is the 'Keeper' of 'Roms'. I can't link to that site or refer to it properly by name but I'm sure if you search for the words Rom and Keeper in that order you'll find it. I registered there and they have all MAME roms kept up to date. I just downloaded the ones I wanted and double checked with Romcenter to make sure they would work with FBA.

Anything interesting happening with the next build? Did you manage to fix the music problem in Asura Blade/Buster? I noticed the same bug occurs in Power Instinct 1. The music plays at super speed. I haven't checked but I'm thinking it may be a problem in all Atlus games in the last build.

Anything interesting happening with the next build? Did you manage to fix the music problem in Asura Blade/Buster? I noticed the same bug occurs in Power Instinct 1. The music plays at super speed. I haven't checked but I'm thinking it may be a problem in all Atlus games in the last build.

Thanks for the report, i will report it too. Does it happen on the official FBA and MAME too?

Anything interesting happening with the next build?

ATM a massive update and addition of CPU cores and Sound Chip, which made playable Double Dragon 1 and 2, Contra... Also added Shadow force.

Thanks for the report, i will report it too. Does it happen on the official FBA and MAME too?

Asura Blade/Buster and all the Power Instinct games work fine in MAME on PC. Don't know about FBA on PC, I've never tried it.

Asura Blade/Buster and all the Power Instinct games work fine in MAME on PC. Don't know about FBA on PC, I've never tried it.

Asura Blade - Sword of Dinasty works fine on FBA PC (029706)

But Asura Buster - Eternal warriors is marked as bad because of sound glitches (which I noticed, voice doubles sometimes) and freezes on first boss (Vebel, some kind of blob).

Power Instinct I (US and JAP) freezes on the select menu with sound glitches. And then it makes FBA crash (guru meditate, lol).

Power instinct II (US) has bad music but is playable. Japanese version is ok, though.

Power instinct Legends is OK but I heard slight sound glitchtes at start.

Power Instinct I (US and JAP) freezes on the select menu with sound glitches. And then it makes FBA crash (guru meditate, lol).

Power instinct II (US) has bad music but is playable. Japanese version is ok, though.

This is on the current build of fba (PC)?