FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

Yes there is. Somewhere. Although the last time I remember using the feature I wasn't sure if it was actually reading the fps correctly, coz it just stayed at 60fps no matter what game was running. Whereas in CoinOps even a game running at full speed would fluctuate between 58 and 60. That was a few releases ago though. I don't even remember what menu it's under in FBA, but I'm sure it's still there.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the one. Now I just played the only two games I have that had any significant slowdown. Metal Slug 2 and Shock Troopers 2. Metal Slug 2 only has slowdown coz that's how the real game plays. So the fps was a constant 59.4fps. Now when I played Shock Troopers 2, I was suprised to see, it no longer has any slowdown for me. It used to slow down a lot for me a couple of releases ago. No longer. A constant 59.4fps on that too. Now none of the other games I have suffer from slowdown. Maybe a tiny bit on the other Metal Slugs, but that's probably how the real things are too. So I don't see any games dropping below that 59.4fps. Appart from on the green puke screen when NeoGeos are loading, the fps is shown as low at that point I noticed.

Yes, well done Kenshiro on sorting that out.

That depends, do you have breasts?

That's nice. It'll replace the Metal Slug one then right? But you only see that screen once though, when you set up a fresh install. After that you never see it again, even if you update to a new build. You'll only see the splash screen again if you delete FBA's UDATA. I've actually forgotten what that message screen says.

Hi guys thanks everyone working on this project and specially kenshiro for keeping fbaxxx updated.

Little question/s: I have the fbaxxx 1.28 romset and a mame (1.27 I think) romset as well. I wanted to generate the romset for 1.29 since there are some changes. Where do I get the .dat from? Generated from the 1.29 emu? and is it better to use the mame romset or most of the fbaxxx romset will work?

Thanks in advance guys and keep the good work!