FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did some more testing of neogeo games in 720p. Most run absolutely perfect, but there are others that fail to load.

Fighters Swords (Korean release of Samurai Showdown 3)

KOF 95 (set 1) + (set 2)

KOF 96 (set 1)

Real Bout Fatal Fury/Real Bout Garou Densetsu

Samurai Showdown 3/Samurai Spirits Zankurou Musouken (set 1)

Samurai Showdown 3/Samurai Spirits Zankurou Musouken (set 2)

All of the above flash a crazy white screen with an error message that says game could not be started. Pressing B brings you back to the list with a black screen. If you try to load another game the emu crashes.

KOF 2003 (World/ US, MVS)

This rom loads but there is horrible static in the audio

Metal Slug 5 (Jamma PCB)

Metal slug says the rom is correct but but it hangs at the glitchy green screen.

Thats is for the tests. I do have one other question. How do you make the emu take screen shots in the proper format. When you take a screen shot it puts a bmp in its own folder with numbers after it in the Screen shot folder. For the emu to read it as a preview pic it needs to be in the preview folder and be in png format. Is there a way to change the Ini to tell FBA that when you take a screen shot you want it in a specific folder and format?

Edited by vegita8888

Just after the site went down I did some testing for FBA too, but not in HD, so the following are all bugs that happen in standard definition and probably also in HD too.

Firstly, if the first game launched is CPS2 the screen will be black but game audio will play. You must exit and launch again to fix the problem. This was mentioned before as a HD bug, but it isn’t, it happens all the time with the last build that was released. It didn't happen with the release before it.

I’ve split the rest into categories:

The following happen 100% of the time:

Biomechanical Toy has serious visual errors. (biomtoy.zip)

Hotdog Storm freezes after pressing start at the main menu. (hotdogst.zip)

Legend of Silkroad has black diagonal lines across the screen. (silkroad.zip)

Real Bout Fatal Fury freezes when entering in-game menu. (rbff1.zip)

Shadow Force freezes at launching game message. (shadfrce.zip)

Strikers 1945 freezes when entering the in-game menu. (s1945.zip)

The following are sound related and happen 100% of the time:

Best of Best has no sound effects in-game but music plays. (bestbest.zip)

Knights of Valour has poor sound emulation in places. (kov.zip)

Oriental Legend has poor sound emulation. (orlegend.zip)

Power Instinct 2 has completely fucked up sound. (pwinst2.zip)

The following have happened at least once but do not happen 100% of the time:

Battle K Road freezes when changing a dip switch in the in-game menu. (btlkroad.zip)

ESP Ra.de freezes on returning to the game after entering in-game menu. (esprade.zip)

ESP Ra.de freezes aster selecting a character. (esprade.zip)

Far East of Eden freezes when entering in-game menu. (kabukikl.zip)

KOF 95 freezes on returning to the game after entering in-game menu. (kof95.zip)

Metamoqester freezes on returning to the game after entering in-game menu. (metmqstr.zip)

Out Zone shows only a green screen, then a purple one, then black. (outzone.zip)

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon freezes at launching game. (sailormn.zip)

Pulstar freezes when entering in-game menu. (pulstar.zip)

Samurai Shodown III freezes when entering in-game menu. (samsho3.zip)

Strikers 1945 Plus freezes at launching game. (s1945p.zip)

The following are sound related but do not happen 100% of the time:

Samurai Shodown V has fucked up sound. Must restart FBA and launch again to fix. (samsho5.zip)

SVC Chaos has fucked up sound. Must restart FBA and launch again to fix. (svc.zip)

Misc:

Forgotten Worlds need rotary joystick function. (forgotten.zip)

SAR - Search and Rescue needs rotary joystick function. (searcher.zip)

These two aren't bugs, but could do with sorting someow. For SAR there is a setting in the game’s dip switches that allows the game to be played with a single joystick but this hinders you as you can not sidestep.

For the freezes that occur when entering or exiting the in game menu, it's possible that they are memory related, as it seems to be the memory hungry games where this occurs.

Just after the site went down I did some testing for FBA too, but not in HD, so the following are all bugs that happen in standard definition and probably also in HD too.

Firstly, if the first game launched is CPS2 the screen will be black but game audio will play. You must exit and launch again to fix the problem. This was mentioned before as a HD bug, but it isn’t, it happens all the time with the last build that was released. It didn't happen with the release before it.

Battle K Road freezes when changing a dip switch in the in-game menu. (btlkroad.zip)

ESP Ra.de freezes on returning to the game after entering in-game menu. (esprade.zip)

KOF 95 freezes on returning to the game after entering in-game menu. (kof95.zip)

Metamoqester freezes on returning to the game after entering in-game menu. (metmqstr.zip)

Out Zone shows only a green screen, then a purple one, then black. (outzone.zip)

Samurai Shodown V has fucked up sound. Must restart FBA and launch again to fix. (samsho5.zip)

SVC Chaos has fucked up sound. Must restart FBA and launch again to fix. (svc.zip)

Misc:

These two aren't bugs, but could do with sorting someow. For SAR there is a setting in the game’s dip switches that allows the game to be played with a single joystick but this hinders you as you can not sidestep.

For the freezes that occur when entering or exiting the in game menu, it's possible that they are memory related, as it seems to be the memory hungry games where this occurs.

Well most of issues you noticed (on Cave, Neogeo and Psikyo) as been fixed with my latest code. The real problem now is to link the stuff and release a last build, and i don't have time as much this month. As i don't use the emu myself :) , and also as i don't have HDTV, it's boring to work on it, just for users lol (it's at this point, really...). Until i release it you can check on Neosource if i post something and try to compile it, that's the best i can do for now.

Thanks for the report.

Edited by - kenshiro -

Misc:

Many of the issues you listed here with NeoGeo games have been fixed. The Others section has been fixed (but not released yet). You will see those fixes released in the last build. For the games like kov.zip, Oriental Legend -- that's just the preliminary sound emulation of those roms, so the sound is inaccurate in all emulators at the moment. I already mentioned the rotary joystick functions for Forgotten Worlds, etc. earlier before 1Emu crashed. 1.28 version had no rotary controls either.

CPS2 runs fine in all modes, but the first rom launched boots to a black screen in 720P or SD modes. That was in the latest release log in general. Boot a CPS1 game first, or just exit the first CPS2 game and relaunch it.

Edited by neoryu

Was just reporting everything I found with the last release. I know the PGM games aren't emulated properly on mame yet, but they do seem to fare better in mameui on pc than they do in fba on xbox so I threw them in. I mentioned the CPS2 black screen bug in case it was thought to be a HD only bug. Rotary joystick function would be nice, but I could live without it as it's just two games I have that use it. Has Biomechanical Toy been made to work properly? I quite like that game. I could post a screenshot to show what I mean by serious visual errors if needed.

Groovy. Shame about Biomtoy, it's kinda cool. I don't have many platformers on mame/fba.

Hello

To testers: A small post to say i will leave in holidays for about 3 weeks, so please stop reporting bugs or anything else ATM. This have been enough tested, most of stuff is ready and already posted on Neosource, i need to link them and release "my" latest build.

He will be release as he is, i mean i will corrected nothing except the stuff i'm working on, so exclusively drivers. If you noticed a bug which was already in 1.28 (HD, inputs etc..) or in anothers versions, that's definitly not my problem.

Seeya in August, Corsica sunshine is waiting for me and my friends moooooooooooo!