FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

Still works, i dont have any filters or gagets turned on though. However i seem to have lost the ability to insert coins, no matter which button i map it to. Will delete ini's and try again.

Edit: Never mind worked it out, hadn't allocated controller.

@cba.gy: I use these settings below:

Video settings: 720P

Hardware filter: Anisotropic (sometimes Linear)

Software filter: Scanlines 75%

Flicker Filter: off

Audio settings:

PCM interpolation: ON

FM interpolation: ON

Sample Rate: 44100khz (will try 48000khz)

All CPS1/CPS2 games run perfect (after the initial black screen). All the NeoGeo games that works run perfect. Try these settings out with Guwange and see if things are OK for you. Play a few medium or large-sized NeoGeo games and then run Guwange with those settings.

Edited by neoryu

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found an issue with only one CPS1 game (also in 1.28):

In Forgotten Worlds, there is no way to use 8-way gun direction. It was like this in FBA 1.28 also. Is it possible to fix that? In my opinion, the game is almost unplayable with just firing straight ahead only.

Edited by neoryu

Audio settings:

All CPS1/CPS2 games run perfect (after the initial black screen). All the NeoGeo games that works run perfect. Try these settings out with Guwange and see if things are OK for you. Play a few medium or large-sized NeoGeo games and then run Guwange with those settings.

Right i tried those settings playing a few large NEOGEO roms first then launched Guwange. I still had the game work except some graphics missing. The intro had lots of graphics missing. The hero couldnt be seen onscreen just his bullets. Returned to my settings and then re-launched rom with no problems.

I dont tend to mess with filters, the audio filters make lots of games crackle like hell. I use standard audio with nothing swithched on @ 22050. Video @ 720p Hardware filter = Linear. No software filter and Flicker Filter = 1. Thats totally it. Adding too many filters needs resources no matter how quick or small the filter, it still has to be maintained ! Thats the way i see it anyway. Im sure someone else with have a differing opinion !

I don't use filters either, I might if I was displaying on an LCD.

Audio settings:

Right i tried those settings playing a few large NEOGEO roms first then launched Guwange. I still had the game work except some graphics missing. The intro had lots of graphics missing. The hero couldnt be seen onscreen just his bullets. Returned to my settings and then re-launched rom with no problems.

I dont tend to mess with filters, the audio filters make lots of games crackle like hell. I use standard audio with nothing swithched on @ 22050. Video @ 720p Hardware filter = Linear. No software filter and Flicker Filter = 1. Thats totally it. Adding too many filters needs resources no matter how quick or small the filter, it still has to be maintained ! Thats the way i see it anyway. Im sure someone else with have a differing opinion !

It appears to me like you got the same issue I was talking about after all -- Guwange will be missing sprites. I think Kenshiro can solve what to do about that because it seems like a memory issue with Guwange.

As far as the sound, that is one of the main things I look for issues with. I specifically remember the 1.28 PRO version and the non-PRO version especially having some crackles, pops, and skips in the sound even with regular settings (22050) and standard definition.

The sample rate does not cause any issues with the sound on Kenshiro's version. Only the three video filters at the very bottom of the list can cause sound issues, such as HQ2X, HQ4X, and 3XScale. I am a sound guy, so if there were any pops and crackles, I would definitely bring them up.

My settings on 720P mode have never even popped or skipped once with sound at 44100 on this version. I wish your Xbox would behave like mine cba.gy ;):thumbsup1:

And thanks for that awesome skin package. I'll be using those permanently.

My main TV is a 37" HD LCD (1080p 1080i 720p 576i 480p 480i). All games look very good without lots of filtering. Obviously i set the aspect ratio of a particular rom with the emulator screen adjust. Otherwise the games look very stretched n nasty. I am going to play with the filters tonight though. I tried the scanlines filter to test for neoryu and that looked awfull. However each to their own i suppose and thats how it should be.

Edited by cba.gy

My main TV is a 37" HD LCD (1080p 1080i 720p 576i 480p 480i). All games look very good without lots of filtering. Obviously i set the aspect ratio of a particular rom with the emulator screen adjust. Otherwise the games look very stretched n nasty. I am going to play with the filters tonight though. I tried the scanlines filter to test for neoryu and that looked awfull. However each to their own i suppose and thats how it should be.

It certainly depends on the TV. And you are right -- to each their own. ;)

It really does make a difference which TV is used i totally agree. One set of settings that work on a particular TV set don't necessarily work on all. Its a case of the end users own trial and error to find the settings that look comfortable to them. Of course the settings need to also take into account the TV's capabilities.

Damn it just noticed im not dead anymore ! Who gave me the kiss of life ?

Hope you don't have a beard !

Edited by cba.gy

No one, you've been alive for ages. Your death only lasts at most 3 hours. After the attack that killed you has expired your stats all regenerate.