FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

Ok here we go:

'Others' Section issues -- HD mode

gunbird.zip -- will always freeze when entering the in-game menu. Needs reboot afterward

sailormn.zip -- gives 'There was an error starting rom" screen

tengai.zip -- gives "There was an error starting rom" screen

zerowing.zip -- boots to black screen with sound only, no graphics

esprade.zip -- hangs at "Launching game.." screen. Needs reboot afterward

guwange.zip -- boots with only background scrolling. No sprites are visible. It will eventually freeze if I leave the attract mode on or try playing it. Strange thing is, I got it to work one time by choosing it as first game when starting the emulator, but it still froze after a few minutes. Could be a memory issue.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time i played guwange.zip it was ok, thats was last version.

Are you sure you played it in 720P mode? On this version there has been some changes to a few things. Some 'Others' games had dipswitches on the last version but do not have them now. It matches the latest MAME sets so maybe that is normal.

I have spent some time checking this out and it seems that Guwange can either freeze or show no sprites in 720P mode. Since he's on a roll, Kenshiro can take a look when he gets a chance.

Edited by neoryu

its the the only way i play them now

I understand why lol. :huh: It is quite marvelous, but it is also marvelous to just have this emulation accuracy, regardless of TV.

Try out Guwange on the newest build. Try running a few NeoGeo, CPS2, and Others games beforehand, then try booting it after those. Please give us your results if you can.

Still works, i dont have any filters or gagets turned on though. However i seem to have lost the ability to insert coins, no matter which button i map it to. Will delete ini's and try again.

Edit: Never mind worked it out, hadn't allocated controller.

Edited by cba.gy

Ok here we go:

gunbird.zip -- will always freeze when entering the in-game menu. Needs reboot afterward

guwange.zip -- boots with only background scrolling. No sprites are visible. It will eventually freeze if I leave the attract mode on or try playing it. Strange thing is, I got it to work one time by choosing it as first game when starting the emulator, but it still froze after a few minutes. Could be a memory issue.

Catch it, i see wha i gonna do. And for dipswitches on Esparade, that's normal :huh:

BTW zero wing works fine here! Moooooooooooooooooo!

Edit: i need to know which cave games cause problems in 720P, except those previously reported.

Edited by - kenshiro -

All your base are belong to us!!

lol what? Didn't understand sorry :huh:

It's from the intro of the Mega Drive version of Zero Wing:

Obviously the voiceover here was added. This made me laugh so much when Inky posted it in another thread.

Back to FBA.......

Ok here we go:

Catch it, i see wha i gonna do. And for dipswitches on Esparade, that's normal ;)

BTW zero wing works fine here! Moooooooooooooooooo!

Edit: i need to know which cave games cause problems in 720P, except those previously reported.

The ones I listed are the only games that cause issues in the Others section. The rest of the games besides those are perfect.