FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I got it.

NeoGeo HD test 05/27/09

aof3.zip -- will hang at the "Launching game..." message after selecting it

The rest of the games below will give the "There was an error starting rom" message and the flashing background screen:

breakrev.zip

kof95.zip

kizuna.zip

pulstar.zip

rbff1.zip

samsho3.zip

wakuwak7.zip

If you select one of these, then it will fail to launch it. From there, you will have to reset the emulator because no more NeoGeo games will work until you do. This seems like an easy issue to track down, Kenshiro.

CPS1 and CPS2 are all working great.

Ok thanks for the report :huh: I will be have 1 holiday week in 2 days, i'll have the time to look at it.

Mooooooooooooooo!

Ok I got it.

NeoGeo HD test 05/27/09

aof3.zip -- will hang at the "Launching game..." message after selecting it

The rest of the games below will give the "There was an error starting rom" message and the flashing background screen:

breakrev.zip

kof95.zip

kizuna.zip

pulstar.zip

rbff1.zip

samsho3.zip

wakuwak7.zip

If you select one of these, then it will fail to launch it. From there, you will have to reset the emulator because no more NeoGeo games will work until you do. This seems like an easy issue to track down, Kenshiro.

CPS1 and CPS2 are all working great.

Ok thanks for the report :huh: I will be have 1 holiday week in 2 days, i'll have the time to look at it.

Mooooooooooooooo!

Thank you, my friend, for doing what you do. :thumbsup1:

PS: Since you have that holiday week, then maybe you can look at the Others roms for HD mode too. :naughty::naughty:

Edited by neoryu

I dont know about anyone else but has anyone managed to beat the last boss on progear without credit feeding,i always end up using the cheats menu in fbaxxxpro.

I dont know about anyone else but has anyone managed to beat the last boss on progear without credit feeding,i always end up using the cheats menu in fbaxxxpro.

Haven't played Progear that far, only up to level 4 I think. Speaking of cheats, I read there's a tool that can convert MAME cheats from it's cheat.dat into FBA compatible cheats. But the link was dead, does anyone have it? I have the cheats that you gave me Fu, but there's none for any of the NeoGeo games for example. I'm thinking if I had the tool I could work on converting all the cheats available for the games FBA supports.

Haven't played Progear that far, only up to level 4 I think. Speaking of cheats, I read there's a tool that can convert MAME cheats from it's cheat.dat into FBA compatible cheats. But the link was dead, does anyone have it? I have the cheats that you gave me Fu, but there's none for any of the NeoGeo games for example. I'm thinking if I had the tool I could work on converting all the cheats available for the games FBA supports.

you dont need a cheat file for the neogeo games all you have to do is when you are in the roms list go into options and change the neogeo bios option to universal.

then once you load up a neogeo game for a start you can select the region you want to play it in.

press start and back together to bring up an options screen and you can select cheats from the database in the bios.

Didn't know that. Seems a bit of a long winded way of doing things though. Can cheat files not be made for NeoGeo games then? Or have they just not been because of this method?

Didn't know that. Seems a bit of a long winded way of doing things though. Can cheat files not be made for NeoGeo games then? Or have they just not been because of this method?

its just as easy as doing it with the normal cheat file you just change the bios in the main options once and press back and start on any neogeo game,hardly long winded and with a cheat system already in place why go through the need of converting cheats when they are already there.

you also get cheats for neogeo in coinops,but you dont need the unibios for them,they are just accessed the usual way.

PS: Since you have that holiday week, then maybe you can look at the Others roms for HD mode too. :thumbsup1::naughty:

Which games cause problems? :huh:

Give me just a minute and I will tell you Mr. ballbreaker.