FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

I give a BIG "thank you" to you Kenshiro. :-(:) You don't know how much I appreciate you doing this. I know everyone else here does appreciate it too.

I am installing it right now and I will be testing it a lot since I made time for this evening.

PS: Get some rest!!! :D

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give a BIG "thank you" to you Kenshiro. :-(:) You don't know how much I appreciate you doing this. I know everyone else here does appreciate it too.

I am installing it right now and I will be testing it a lot since I made time for this evening.

[mode ballbreaker ON] Can you tell me at least if you load a CPS2 game on 720P? I'm really curious to know

lol[mode ballbreaker OFF]

Edited by - kenshiro -

I give a BIG "thank you" to you Kenshiro. :clapping::thumbsup1: You don't know how much I appreciate you doing this. I know everyone else here does appreciate it too.

[mode ballbreaker ON] Can you tell me at least if you load a CPS2 game on 720P? I'm really curious to know

lol[mode ballbreaker OFF]

Sorry! I had to gets some things straight with the GF first. :naughty: I am playing Marvel Vs Capcom right now in 720P. :clapping::thumbsup1::thumbsup1::thumbsup1:

It is so badass, that I have only tried two games because its so hard to stop playing it. I will post back with more because I have not tried that many games. But 'mvsc' parent set works great so far.

PS: Ouch!!! Mr. ballbreaker. You can crack a mean whip!!

Did you compile the code yourself or did Kenshiro send you a build?

Did you compile the code yourself or did Kenshiro send you a build?

Hah, no way did I compile the code. I have no clue how to do that -- that is Kenshiro's specialty.

It should be in your email. If not, you can give me your email address and I will link you to it.

Edited by neoryu

Just took down Magneto on Xmen: Children of the Atom. No wonder my Sega Saturn port did not handle it well. Too much sprite power to emulate for it. :thumbsup1:

Now I am halfway through a run on SFA3. All is going great so far. An "old" guy like me (31yrsold) who lived in arcades with these games in their prime, can really get hooked on this.

Gonna try Vampire Savior next. 720P is going marvelous so far.

So this is the truely last FBA from Kenshiro, right?

Sadly, that seems to be the case. Having work, family, and a special lady in your life does not leave much time for him to do this. I have the same things, so I can definitely understand his decision exactly. The improvements he has made to his builds must have taken a lot of work and time to do.

We may be lucky if he decides to take care of any bugs discovered with this build -- if there are any. I have not found any issues besides the first rom booting to a black screen in 720P. From the release log, it shows Kenshiro already knows about that.

So far, all of the CPS2 roms I've tried boot in 720P and run better than they do on 1.28. I have tried all of the bigger ones like Progear, Xmen:cota, the Marvel games, SFA3, and Vampire Savior. I am still testing/playing, so I will be back.

Kenshiro is going to be busting my balls if I don't act right. :thumbsup1:

Edited by neoryu

Wow I go on vacation for a week and when I go back all hell breaks loose. Kenshiro, (after defeating Raoh), walks into the sunset in search of his lost love Julia. No more FBA, preposterous. In all seriousness thank you Ken for all your hard work on FBA. You were the reason I resurrected my box in the first place.

Edited by vegita8888

So this is the truely last FBA from Kenshiro, right?

So far, all of the CPS2 roms I've tried boot in 720P and run better than they do on 1.28. I have tried all of the bigger ones like Progear, Xmen:cota, the Marvel games, SFA3, and Vampire Savior. I am still testing/playing, so I will be back.

Happy to know it works... :thumbsup1::thumbsup1: but now i'm really frustrated with the issue :thumbsup1: lol, but that's minor it will be solved!

And no, that's not the last build. I need to work on Neogeo games which have issue in HD. Moooooooooo!

The best thing to do is etablished a list of Neogeo issues, then i will track them down.