FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

Seems a french whore port FBA 0.2.97.05 CPS2 drivers to Xbox... With support for 720P... :o

Source will be posted tonight :P

Mooooooooooooooooooooo!

How much this whore cost? Hopefully not too much :D:D:P

Did you see my recent posts? I respond to your questions about the freezes. Everyone should be very excited that you have come through for us one more time.

I am so very excited about this and your work, time, and effort is appreciated. The best FBA version ever released on the Xbox is coming. :P

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... The code is finish, seems all works fine on my side, for CPS1, CPS2 (standard and phoenix sets). All CPS2 games have VMM. What's surprising me it's the fast loading time - can't see the difference with previous code (with no VMM). We'll see what happened with your crappy HDTV lol.

As it's late here and i'm lazy lol, i gonna post it tomorrow on Neosource, and compile a fresh build.

Good night moooo!

PS: how many time does it take on 1.28? With a big game like Vampior Savior 2?

Edited by - kenshiro -

Well... The code is finish, seems all works fine on my side, for CPS1, CPS2 (standard and phoenix sets). All CPS2 games have VMM. What's surprising me it's the fast loading time - can't see the difference with previous code (with no VMM). We'll see what happened with your crappy HDTV lol.

As it's late here and i'm lazy lol, i gonna post it tomorrow on Neosource, and compile a fresh build.

Good night moooo!

PS: how many time does it take on 1.28? With a big game like Vampior Savior 2?

It takes about 25 to 30 seconds at the most on 1.28. But your build seems to emulate things more accurately, so that could be why. :P The 1.28 version seems to be skipping some frames of animation. The sprites in 1.29 seem to be more fluid -- I can tell anyway.

By the way, I noticed that your build has great sound quality. I have been playing it every chance I get.

With the fixes done and the code finished, I am very excited. You deserve a great nights sleep and a few drinks. Please get some rest and have a good night. :P:o:P

Entierely new CPS1 / CPS2 stuff:

- CPS2 doesn't use VMM now, which means faster loadings. Moreover, like on PC builds,

decryption algo is supported (Xor are now useless). And of course emulation improvements...

New Neogeo code:

entierely rewrote, this is exactly the code of latest FBA with Xbox inprovements.

Gogoackman's VMM is still used, but in a different way:

the emu will autodetect if we have enough memory to store the game in RAM, if it's not the case

the sprite data will be stored on HDD. At the second run of a game, sprite data will be load

read directly from the HDD, which produce a hell of loading speedup. For games which doesn't use VMM,

that's mean sometimes a loading time 70% shorter than before.

Data are saved in "savedRoms" directly, take care for the space that's use!!!

This was a great idea to make the emulator work this way. Having sprite data on the HDD was a brilliant idea. It's probably why it works so much better than 1.28.

Since I have plenty of extra space on my HDD, I can really appreciate this.

Edited by neoryu

Just out of interest, now that HD works for CPS1/2 and NeoGeo, what about games in the others section? Does it work for them?

Well... The code is finish, seems all works fine on my side, for CPS1, CPS2 (standard and phoenix sets).

:) congrat for all those improvements, dealing with so many crabs during this harsh process!

I'm not really sure with extra fast loading time, but it's better for sure, overal , the frame rate is now smoother than ever, no more stuttering or slowdown.

-ps

02:00 AM - si c est pas la france qui code tot ca ?

Edited by Garcimak

Woaw it is very exciting to read all your post lol

But where can i DL a compiled version of this last FBA version ?

With full HD support and all bugs corrected :)

And very fast loadings ...

Thanks

Woaw it is very exciting to read all your post lol

But where can i DL a compiled version of this last FBA version ?

With full HD support and all bugs corrected :)

And very fast loadings ...

Thanks

It has not been released yet. We must be patient. Good things take time to get made.