FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

Honestly it's not dramatic...

Here's a simple code which explains a lot of things:

float free_time = total_time - job_time - sleep_time - gf_time - family_time;

The most reason i let the project is a terrible lake of time, really.

i'ne some stuff ready since weeks (CPS2 VMM etc...) and they will be post on Neosource, i can even compile a last build.

We'll see what happened, but honestly leading a project isn't definitly for a guy like me. I love spent a lot of time on piece of code, try to write it as best as possible, but leading the totality... No way.

Also, what i do is on my free time, and don't get monet for that, i do it exclusively cause i love this old arcade games and it gives me the bamboo lol.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to get the very latest revision of FBA-XXX Pro 1.29c. The one from this month. The NeoGeo category problem is fixed. I can't link to it for legals, and don't even have the link anymore coz it was removed by admins after it was posted in a different thread, which is where I got it. You'll have to search hard or ask Kenshiro probably.

I am truly, truly so disappointed by today's news. I guess it doesn't matter now. The emulator will never be finished. 720P support for some of the games, but not for the rest of them is even more of an issue which is why I put it as number 1.

Thanks for letting me know that there is a version out there that fixes the rom folder issue, but I may not ever be able to find it. He normally sent builds to everyone's email, but I was left out of that one somehow.

I wish Kenshiro the best and I really hope he's doing well. Even though he quit the project, I hope he doesn't forget about us.

Honestly it's not dramatic...

Here's a simple code which explains a lot of things:

float free_time = total_time - job_time - sleep_time - gf_time - family_time;

The most reason i let the project is a terrible lake of time, really.

i'ne some stuff ready since weeks (CPS2 VMM etc...) and they will be post on Neosource, i can even compile a last build.

We'll see what happened, but honestly leading a project isn't definitly for a guy like me. I love spent a lot of time on piece of code, try to write it as best as possible, but leading the totality... No way.

Also, what i do is on my free time, and don't get monet for that, i do it exclusively cause i love this old arcade games and it gives me the bamboo lol.

Hey kenshiro!! I beg of you -- PLEASE release on last build with CPS2 games working with 720P. I now understand why you will not lead the project, but please do this. I cannot find the latest release you made that fixes the roms folders -- if you release a new one that handles the CPS2 games and that (which I missed) then I will love you forever :P:D:D:D:afro:

Life is hectic and I understand now why you have made your choice. Please ignore the post above this. That was just me being sad to see you go -- I just found you :D:D

I ask that you will consider to compile or release one last build and continue to stop by and say Hi. i have your email so even if you don't do this, I will still keep in contact with you to see how you are doing. Best wishes my friend. I am only here because I love these old games too and your work on this emulator shows that you do too.

Edited by neoryu

You need to get the very latest revision of FBA-XXX Pro 1.29c. The one from this month. The NeoGeo category problem is fixed. I can't link to it for legals, and don't even have the link anymore coz it was removed by admins after it was posted in a different thread, which is where I got it. You'll have to search hard or ask Kenshiro probably.

I am truly, truly so disappointed by today's news. I guess it doesn't matter now. The emulator will never be finished. 720P support for some of the games, but not for the rest of them is even more of an issue which is why I put it as number 1.

Thanks for letting me know that there is a version out there that fixes the rom folder issue, but I may not ever be able to find it. He normally sent builds to everyone's email, but I was left out of that one somehow.

I wish Kenshiro the best and I really hope he's doing well. Even though he quit the project, I hope he doesn't forget about us.

No worries, i gonna send to everyone what i got :P, if of course i get a small kiss :afro:

You are the best, Kenshiro!!!! You can have many huge kisses when we get it :afro::P:D

My GF is gonna be so jealous.

PS: Thank you for everything. After spending countless hours now with playing 1.29c, I can tell that you really care about what you do. That is why I care so much that you are leaving. I don't usually post on forums a lot.

When exiting from a NeoGeo game and then selecting another -- this may hard freeze the emu, but it happens only twice after switching from encrypted parent sets to another set. I will test this more.

I need more specific infos. Try reproduce it - and tell me exactly which games you launched :D

These decrypted romsets will not show up in the game list:

rotdd.zip

mslug3d.zip

kof99d.zip

kof2000d.zip

samsh5sd.zip

sengok3d.zip

I have already generated the .Dats in the emu itself and rescanned the roms. Maybe I need to rename these. :afro:

You simply have not the correct sets names, you have to renanme it :D

I was also wondering what the issue is with aof1.zip and fatalfury1.zip because they don't boot. Kenshiro, you mentioned those as having issues in 720P. I was under the impression that my romset was incorrect. :P

I see a possible reason... Have the same problem with KOM2, View point for example?

Thanks to give your sources and i you have time to compile a last built with 720P support :afro:

After you are real, the real life is more important...

See you later i wish :P

neoryu check your pm box.

:afro::P

Just got back from the store. Thanks a bunch fumanchu, I really appreciate it. I should have it up and running in matter of minutes.

just remember its the biuld from may15th.

When exiting from a NeoGeo game and then selecting another -- this may hard freeze the emu, but it happens only twice after switching from encrypted parent sets to another set. I will test this more.

I need more specific infos. Try reproduce it - and tell me exactly which games you launched :D

These decrypted romsets will not show up in the game list:

rotdd.zip

mslug3d.zip

kof99d.zip

kof2000d.zip

samsh5sd.zip

sengok3d.zip

I have already generated the .Dats in the emu itself and rescanned the roms. Maybe I need to rename these. :afro:

You simply have not the correct sets names, you have to renanme it :D

I was also wondering what the issue is with aof1.zip and fatalfury1.zip because they don't boot. Kenshiro, you mentioned those as having issues in 720P. I was under the impression that my romset was incorrect. :P

I see a possible reason... Have the same problem with KOM2, View point for example?

Yes. The problem is the same for those. I documented it.

I will go try and reproduce the hard freeze when going into the in-game menu. The two times it happened were when I would click the right thumbstick to go into the menu after playing four or five games in a row. I will post back in few minutes with results.

Getting the May 15th build set up that I just got from fumanchu, then I will be back.