FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

HD mode test update:

My stats:

Xbox v1.0

Xecuter 2.6 CE

XBMC dashboard

1.29c

720P mode

Musashi 68k cpu core

The good:

All encrypted NeoGeo sets will boot and run. On boot up for most games, there is a green screen with artifacts that shows up before the NeoGeo bios screen begins. :o:D But the games load fine and play great. :D Kenshiro it appears that you nailed the neogeo code, you sly dog you.

I can use the Universe bios fine for each game. I can also go into the in-game menu on the encrypted sets of kof99.zip, kof2000.zip, samsh5sp.zip, mslug3.zip, and rotd.zip in this version on HD mode. Doing that would freeze 1.28 version every time you try it -- thanks for fixing that shiz. :D

By the way Kenshiro, you must have improved some of the software filters, because the Scanlines75% filter looks heavenly on this emulator at 720P. I am spoiled. I also see more animation frames on most of the games for some reason. Did you improve the frame rates or something? I wish for my favorite games Vampire Savior, Marvel vs Capcom, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 to be fixed for 720P in the future.

The bad:

When exiting from a NeoGeo game and then selecting another -- this may hard freeze the emu, but it happens only twice after switching from encrypted parent sets to another set. I will test this more.

These decrypted romsets will not show up in the game list:

rotdd.zip

mslug3d.zip

kof99d.zip

kof2000d.zip

samsh5sd.zip

sengok3d.zip

I have already generated the .Dats in the emu itself and rescanned the roms. Maybe I need to rename these. :unsure:

I was also wondering what the issue is with aof1.zip and fatalfury1.zip because they don't boot. Kenshiro, you mentioned those as having issues in 720P. I was under the impression that my romset was incorrect. :unsure:

I did not mention the issues with the CPS2, Cave, Toaplan, or Psykio games because this is results for NeoGeo only right now.

Kenshiro, if you have any questions or requests for me to test anything, please tell me. I am doing nothing for a couple days besides cleaning my house...... (and playing Metal Slug 3) :P

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ice just wanted to let you know that the HD upgrade config.xml is not setup to play your music. I know nothing of xml but I opened up the old config in notepad and found those settings and added them to the new one. To my surprise it worked. Guess I'm not a complete noob lol!!

Yes, answer my questions, or my army of little snowmen will......... eat you....... Mwuhaa. Ha. Haha. Ha.......

Whoa there, hold off the snow cavalry. :D I wish I could answer that but I never got anyone to tell me what the differences are either (I asked on other sites a while ago). I normally use the Musashi 68k CPU type.

I think iq132 or kenshiro can tell us.

The A68K (ASM) is slightly faster and takes slightly less ram, but is a lot less accurate/full featured. Musashi (the one MAME uses) very accurate and decently fast -- in most instances, it is better to use this.

The A68K (ASM) is slightly faster and takes slightly less ram, but is a lot less accurate/full featured. Musashi (the one MAME uses) very accurate and decently fast -- in most instances, it is better to use this.

Thanks. Now I know the difference finally.

Hey Ice just wanted to let you know that the HD upgrade config.xml is not setup to play your music. I know nothing of xml but I opened up the old config in notepad and found those settings and added them to the new one. To my surprise it worked. Guess I'm not a complete noob lol!!

Oops. I'll admit I didn't check the xml cba.gy sent me for that. My bad. I'll have to update the archives.

Problem solved. Archives and links in the FBA-XXX Skins thread updated. If people just download the Legends_HD_Upgrade.rar again they'll get the fixed xml:

http://files.filefront.com/13784270

On boot up for most games, there is a green screen with artifacts that shows up before the NeoGeo bios screen begins. :(:(

That happens on most emulators. Why is that? Does that happen when a real MVS machine loads a game?

Edited by The-Ice-Man

Problem solved. Archives and links in the FBA-XXX Skins thread updated. If people just download the Legends_HD_Upgrade.rar again they'll get the fixed xml:

On boot up for most games, there is a green screen with artifacts that shows up before the NeoGeo bios screen begins. :(:(

That happens on most emulators. Why is that? Does that happen when a real MVS machine loads a game?

That happens on the actual MVS machines. It seems to las much longer on FBA though. I think it's just the bios booting up.

On boot up for most games, there is a green screen with artifacts that shows up before the NeoGeo bios screen begins. :o:(

That happens on the actual MVS machines. It seems to las much longer on FBA though. I think it's just the bios booting up.

So the loading green screen of puke is authentic to the NeoGeo arcade hardware? Then scratch that off the 'bad' list. We want our arcade emulation as accurate as can be, with green screens and all. :(

Wonder why it doesn't happen on MameoX 128 Plus then. The screen goes red for a moment before NeoGeo games on that if I remember right. I've only got FBA on my xbox now so can't check.