FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys the hd skin looks great.

Glad you like, only made it thanks to your suggestion come to think. HD's never on my mind when it comes to my xbox, since it's plugged into a 14 inch portable TV in my bedroom. Out of interest, what happens if you run FBA in HD and use a 640x480 skin then? Does it just stretch the image?

Edited by The-Ice-Man

Now I seem to have a problem. When I load FBA in 720p it comes up as 1/4 of my screen. I don't know what the problem is? Maybe my TV? Or the cables I'm using?I have a Sony Bravia XBR 6 37 inch with monster component cables. 480p works fine but my TV seems to have a hard time switching from XBMC in 720p to FBA in 480p.

Well that was weird I had a square in the upper left hand corner because the screen size was still set to 640/480. Once I stretched the screen out the skin looked perfect.

I did a little bit of testing with 720p and it seems that most of the cps2 stuff still have problems. Progear and AvsP ran fine but XMvsSF, XMCOTA, gave a black screen. SFA 3 and MvsC gave a wierd error that turned the screen white and then the background went away. Is there a compatibility list for 720p I thought i saw one somewhere?

Edited by vegita8888

I have a few misc questions that have been on my mind for a while, so I'm going to ask them now.

1. Is FBA supposed to be able to save highscores? I assume no coz it doesn't. What makes it that MameoX and CoinOps can?

2. What's the difference between the two CPU types you can choose from in FBA? Is one better than the other for certain games?

3. Is there a more complete set of cheats for FBA? I have some that Fumanchu posted a while back, but they're for only a few games. Or can someone point me to the tool I read about that can make FBA cheats from a MAME cheat.dat file.

4. Are any new games being added for the next release? Theres a few games I'd love to see on FBA. Like the Raiden Fighters games, Gunbird 2, Strikers 1945 2+3, R-Type 1+2, Golden Axe 2 - Revenge of Death Adder, The Mortal Kombats. I realise some of those may not be possible to get working properly. But they'd be nice to see.

Questions end.

Now I seem to have a problem. When I load FBA in 720p it comes up as 1/4 of my screen. I don't know what the problem is? Maybe my TV? Or the cables I'm using?I have a Sony Bravia XBR 6 37 inch with monster component cables. 480p works fine but my TV seems to have a hard time switching from XBMC in 720p to FBA in 480p.

Well that was weird I had a square in the upper left hand corner because the screen size was still set to 640/480. Once I stretched the screen out the skin looked perfect.

I did a little bit of testing with 720p and it seems that most of the cps2 stuff still have problems. Progear and AvsP ran fine but XMvsSF, XMCOTA, gave a black screen. SFA 3 and MvsC gave a wierd error that turned the screen white and then the background went away. Is there a compatibility list for 720p I thought i saw one somewhere?

kenshiro is focused on NeoGeo at the moment, but he'll get CPS2 fixed. He doesn't have an HDTV, so he needs the people like us that do have one to help out by testing those 720P modes.

I have noticed some significant improvements to what he has done so far in general. His coding skills are a blessing to have and this emulator is still alive because of him. Oh and iq132 too.

Launch the game in standard res, wait till it loads then access options menu, change to 720p then.

Thanks guys the hd skin looks great.

Glad you like, only made it thanks to your suggestion come to think. HD's never on my mind when it comes to my xbox, since it's plugged into a 14 inch portable TV in my bedroom. Out of interest, what happens if you run FBA in HD and use a 640x480 skin then? Does it just stretch the image?

No it just displays the images top left corner (where all the co-ordinates map from 0:0) and in HD its approx a quarter of the screen.

Please add NeoGeo CD support in FBA if its possible, I read that iq132 said it was really easy to do.

The Xbox is crying out for a new updated emulator for neogeo CD games, and would fit so perfect in new FBA :D

kenshiro is focused on NeoGeo at the moment, but he'll get CPS2 fixed. He doesn't have an HDTV, so he needs the people like us that do have one to help out by testing those 720P modes.

I have noticed some significant improvements to what he has done so far in general. His coding skills are a blessing to have and this emulator is still alive because of him. Oh and iq132 too.

Yes I'm very glad to have Kenshiro around. His efforts are what made me resurrect my box in the first place. Thanks Kenshiro and I'll be glad to test whatever you need.

Since no one answered Ice-Mans' question. What is the difference in the CPU types in the FBA settings. What are the best settings for FBA?

Yes, answer my questions, or my army of little snowmen will......... eat you....... Mwuhaa. Ha. Haha. Ha.......

Yes, answer my questions, or my army of little snowmen will......... eat you....... Mwuhaa. Ha. Haha. Ha.......

Whoa there, hold off the snow cavalry. :D I wish I could answer that but I never got anyone to tell me what the differences are either (I asked on other sites a while ago). I normally use the Musashi 68k CPU type.

I think iq132 or kenshiro can tell us.