FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

I could but is there any real difference? I might be interested in having the original and double impact, just to complete my street fighter collection. But anyway since there's really only 3 different games on cps3, (Red Earth, Jojo, SF3) and I only really like SF3, I'm not too bothered about cps3 being perfected on the xbox coz I've got the SF3 port which is perfect. Well, apart from the fact that they should've used the SF2 characters as well as the new ones. I'd like to tiger knee Gill in his red and blue balls.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ice your skin is awesome. I was really getting tired of the OG strider pic. Will you be doing a HD ver of the skin as well?

Not completely sure how. I assume I'd just have to make the pictures 1280x720, which would involve stretching the pictures of the characters beyond their actual size and aspect ratio.

I've just resized them now as a test and they look ok on my computer screen, but that's a 1024 x 768 monitor. Not sure how great they'd look on a HD TV. You could try yourself, just resize the pictures and see how it looks. Of course all the menu text, icons, romlist and game previews won't line up with the pictures anymore after resizing, so the config.xml would need modifying to compensate. I'd test it myself if I could but I don't have a HD TV, so the option to display in 720p doesn't even appear on my menu in FBA. Does it just detect that you have a HD TV and automatically display in 720p? Or does an option appear in the menu or something?

I could but is there any real difference? I might be interested in having the original and double impact, just to complete my street fighter collection. But anyway since there's really only 3 different games on cps3, (Red Earth, Jojo, SF3) and I only really like SF3, I'm not too bothered about cps3 being perfected on the xbox coz I've got the SF3 port which is perfect. Well, apart from the fact that they should've used the SF2 characters as well as the new ones. I'd like to tiger knee Gill in his red and blue balls.

well its all down to personal preference really,i prefer 2nd impact to third strike and there is 2 games in the jojos franchise which i like just because they are a bit different from the norm.

Isn't JoJo's Bizarre Adventure just an updated version of JoJo's Venture? That's why I was counting it as one like SF3. Anyway if FBA-XXX did all of a sudden play the cps3 games I'd grab them to add to the collection. Don't think it'd require it's own category though seen as even with the 'sequels' to SF3 an JoJo, it's still only six games. I'm going by Wikipedia's list there. There aren't some others I don't know about?

Isn't JoJo's Bizarre Adventure just an updated version of JoJo's Venture? That's why I was counting it as one like SF3. Anyway if FBA-XXX did all of a sudden play the cps3 games I'd grab them to add to the collection. Don't think it'd require it's own category though seen as even with the 'sequels' to SF3 an JoJo, it's still only six games. I'm going by Wikipedia's list there. There aren't some others I don't know about?

updated as in more characters and other goodies.

yeah there is just the 6 games.

So yeah they should just be shoved in with others I reckon. If cps3 in FBA ever happened.

Making a HD version of my skin now, cba.gy offered to test for me as I don't have a HD TV. I did PM you by the way cba.gy but not sure if it got sent coz it's not in my sent folder. Anyway I'll upload the resized pictures when they're done and you can see how they look.

Edit: They're done, and thinking about it, I may as well just link to them here:

http://files.filefront.com/13770833

Those are just the resized pictures. What needs to be done now is a new config.xml needs to be made with updated positions for everything. So for each category, inlcuding the non-category view, all the xy values will need changing. The game preview needs to be made to line up with the new stretched window in the pictures. The menu may need moving, the romlist, title, previoussystem, nextsystem, loadinginfo, fbaxsetup, totalroms, zipname, players, company, year, system, everything probably. And I can't offer any clue as to what values should be used coz I don't have a HD TV to test.

So over to you HD TV owners. If anyone who makes an xml that works nicely could send it to me with maybe a screenshot of how it looks that'd be great and I'll include it in the archive I've just linked to.

Side note: Who the f**k killed me and Fu?

Update: Inky Killed me. Damn him. And he's too strong to kill back. But it was Echoman who killed you Fu. I've attacked him and he's nearly dead. Finish him off. Avenge yourself! Tiger Knee him in his red and blue balls!

Update 2: No need Fu. Did it for you. He's dead. I'll stop editing this post now.

Edited by The-Ice-Man

only just got back here this afternoon, got pm, will work on it later. Thats the best i can do.

Had a quick go (spare ten mins) used default config.xml. The only thing i could see off hand was

<players> X co-ordinates = 170 rather than 290.

All other remapping seems to be done with the default.xbe i have which i think is a HD version.

All co-ordinates are still stated using a 640x480 format then resized by the xbe i presume.

Edited by cba.gy

Heres a quick pic. Bad camera work doesnt do it justice

but hey what do you want. All i had to do was remap players

to bring it inline with the others. Personally i will remap romlist to bring them inline

too. Rom count will be remapped underto fall inline aswell. These are personal choices obviuosly.

fbaedit.jpg

Edited by cba.gy