FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was eager to migrate to 1.29 some time ago, JUST BECAUSE in 1.28 I can't remap the damn coin button. How is it now, Kensho? Anyone could please tell me if the BACK BUTTON remapping is working again? This was a stated bug in 1.28 by the very own creator, Mr. +T+.

And more, with few tests I made on 1.29 most of my roms stopped to work. YES - I know I need to "update" my romsets using that "CLRMAME & ROMCENTER" tools, but GOD - I really have no idea what to do to BUILD a total functional new romset for 1.29.

If someone can teach me, it would be a pleasure to migrate back.

At the moment, I am still on 1.28 where all games works fine with no need to mess with romsets.

Regards,

Cospefogo.

I was eager to migrate to 1.29 some time ago, JUST BECAUSE in 1.28 I can't remap the damn coin button. How is it now, Kensho? Anyone could please tell me if the BACK BUTTON remapping is working again? This was a stated bug in 1.28 by the very own creator, Mr. +T+.

Ask it to +T+ if he's still alive.

And more, with few tests I made on 1.29 most of my roms stopped to work. YES - I know I need to "update" my romsets using that "CLRMAME & ROMCENTER" tools, but GOD - I really have no idea what to do to BUILD a total functional new romset for 1.29.

Ok i assume that cause that's my crappy work.

A romset is a zip file with contains roms, each roms has a name, a size, a CRC32. That's all... So that tools can do this work instead of you. There's i don't know how many tutorials on the web to get your answers, take five minutes to understand how it works seriously...

And also, i would be a pain to explain that in English, so look for a tutorial.

Ask it to +T+ if he's still alive.

Hey man, I did not intend to be harsh, sorry.

It's my poor english that make my message look like rude sometimes.

I wonder if YOUR version is remapping the coin button.

Last time I tried, It was not. +T+ has nothing to do with 1.29c, correct?

Ok i assume that cause that's my crappy work.

Your work is not crappy, your work is superb. I really appreciate the new improvements, but since I am just to play, as sooner as possible, I stayed on 1.28 that all games installed are running for me. without extra work.

A romset is a zip file with contains roms, each roms has a name, a size, a CRC32. That's all... So that tools can do this work instead of you. There's i don't know how many tutorials on the web to get your answers, take five minutes to understand how it works seriously...

And also, i would be a pain to explain that in English, so look for a tutorial.

And I know that Google can teach me very well. When I find out for sure that the CoinBUTTON remap is working again and all your new features/improvements/retouch gets finished, for sure I will migrate, and will ask GOOGLE about the best way to fix my roms.

Question:

On FBA1.28 I have some decrypted and some non-decrypted roms (Metal Slug for example). I remember I wanted to get rid of the Encrypted ones and to keep only the decrypted, but then the games were not loading anymore. I need BOTH sets for the game to work. People told me about MERGING sets but I did not move forward on this procedure.

How is it on 1.29?

Am I able to have just ONE SIMPLE set for a game?

I hate having dozens of versions of a same game.

For me just one is what I need to simple ---------------- PLAY.

=D

Thanks!

C.

Edited by Cospefogo

Hey man, I did not intend to be harsh, sorry.

It's my poor english that make my message look like rude sometimes.

No prob :)

I wonder if YOUR version is remapping the coin button.

No.

+T+ has nothing to do with 1.29c, correct?

Correct, that was a way to say i've nothing to do with FBA-XXX Pro 1.28 issues except of course drivers, which is the only part i'm working on. Except drivers and dats generator, the code is 99,99% those of 1.28, bit per bit. People have to live with it or help to fix it.

When I find out for sure that the CoinBUTTON remap is working again and all your new features/improvements/retouch gets finished, for sure I will migrate, and will ask GOOGLE about the best way to fix my roms.

while (1) {

CospeFogo_is_waiting_for_fix();

}

Question:

I remember I wanted to get rid of the Encrypted ones and to keep only the decrypted, but then the games were not loading anymore. I need BOTH sets for the game to work.

That's normal, you tried to get run a clone set without the parent one. For example, you wanna just keep Ganryu (decrypted set). Here is Ganryu romset content:

// Ganryu / Musashi Ganryuki

static struct BurnRomInfo ganryuRomDesc[] = {

{ "252-p1.bin", 0x200000, 0x4b8ac4fb, 1 | BRF_ESS | BRF_PRG }, // 0 68K code

{ "252-c1.bin", 0x800000, 0x50ee7882, 3 | BRF_GRA }, // 1 Sprite data

{ "252-c2.bin", 0x800000, 0x62585474, 3 | BRF_GRA }, // 2

{ "252-m1.bin", 0x020000, 0x30cc4099, 4 | BRF_ESS | BRF_PRG }, // 3 Z80 code

{ "252-v1.bin", 0x400000, 0xe5946733, 5 | BRF_SND }, // 4 Sound data

};

here is the decrypted one:

// Ganryu / Musashi ganryunki (decrypted C)

static struct BurnRomInfo ganryunRomDesc[] = {

{ "252-p1.bin", 0x200000, 0x4b8ac4fb, 1 | BRF_ESS | BRF_PRG }, // 0 68K code

{ "252-c1_decrypted.bin", 0x800000, 0x6bf7605b, 3 | BRF_GRA }, // 1 Sprite data

{ "252-c2_decrypted.bin", 0x800000, 0x596792ce, 3 | BRF_GRA }, // 2

{ "252-m1.bin", 0x020000, 0x30cc4099, 4 | BRF_ESS | BRF_PRG }, // 3 Z80 code

{ "252-v1.bin", 0x400000, 0xe5946733, 5 | BRF_SND }, // 4 Sound data

};

You noticed that the clone set "ganryun" use the p-rom, the m1-rom and the vrom of "ganryu", as "ganryu" is the parent. So to just keep "ganryun" working alone, you have to create a zip named "ganryun" with p1, m1 , v1 of the parent, and put also the two C - roms of the clone in it. You should have then a merge set.

I will suggest to people to keep split rom sets .

How is it on 1.29?

Am I able to have just ONE SIMPLE set for a game?

By sorting them on your PC with a rom manager or by hand.

I hate having dozens of versions of a same game.

I love it lol, and that's the primary goal of FBA-XXX Pro.

For me just one is what I need to simple ---------------- PLAY.

No prob, play!

Edited by - kenshiro -

oh hell no.. i want in on some of this action.... 11298 hartford rd washington Twp. MI, 48094

ALways knew my balls were bigger :)

edit: who wants some! :)

Poor bastard, living near Detroit. lol I'm in the Jackson area.