FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got rubber gloves not the medical kind the kind you wash dishes with. will those work? lol

lol that work :blink:

what new games can I look forward to?

The new Cave sets, also NeoGeo's one (there's a lot of sets lol).

i keep missing you on msn but ill get you on there eventually. I did go out and buy some non latex gloves. :)

HF-

I haven't been following this so I don't know......

Has anybody else noticed that all of the NeoGeo roms are listed under "Misc Games" instead of NeoGeo?

Am I doing something wrong?

Its a bug or somesuch. If it really bothers you just edit the xml files on a skin you like and

swap Misc Games header with NeoGeo

Hey Kenshiro how hard would it be to add a option to make a only missing sets dat? Building a full romset usually takes about a half a day. Its not all that bad Just eats up cpu process and time.

Edited by mtsaint

I was assuming that this issue (Neogeo games which are display in others) were due to some modifications i done, so i was lazy and not worried about that, i concentrate my effort on drivers modifications :D

As most Neogeo games works now, i took a look at it and set the code to filter games as he was before. And hell, that's the same problem :):blink:

Seems to be an "hidden" issue which were in previous build, and that's really annoying, can't see why i do that. If someone wanna help to track down that crap, just take a look at the sources and let me know ;)

mtsaint, i assume that will not be horribly difficult, but i'm not motivated as much lol

Edited by - kenshiro -

Its a bug or somesuch. If it really bothers you just edit the xml files on a skin you like and

swap Misc Games header with NeoGeo

That won't work unfortunately, because there are a ton of misc games that would show up in the NeoGeo games. Hopefully when the driver updates are done somebody could figure it out.

I'd also like it if the "XXX/XXX" for the amount of games in a category was removed as well. Eventually I would like to remove all of the clones and get a set with only the best version of each game, but it will show that a lot of games are missing (and my brothers and friends might ask why games are missing). Better not to have that, I think.

Eventually I would like to remove all of the clones

:P God what you wanna do that? The primary goal of FBA-XXX Pro is being accurate and roms collectors.

If there's 10 revisions of a game, so i gonna try to run all of those. Imagine if i remove all CPS2 clones, that will be a complete rampage, 2 games in the list lol :huh:

My goal is not to port thousand games, it's being the more accurate as possible on my favorites stuff (CPS1, CPS2, Neogeo, Cave, Toaplan, Psykio...).

I know a lot of people don't care about the clones and just wanna play, but there's a lot of collectors who loves it, and i'm definitly like that too.

get a set with only the best version of each game

Same, who can tell which his the best version? Often you can't even notice a difference except title data in game. That will be a very subjective...

(and my brothers and friends might ask why games are missing)

Huh? Kick them in the ass, that's the solution lol :P

I have had so much fun with the 128 build. Spent a silly amount of time learning combos and moves. I will eventually mess around with the gui and make some new skins. FBA XXX is the reason I wanted to make skins for the xbox without fbaxxx I probably would have never done so.

The ideal solution would to have the ability to hide clones if you wanted to. That way, no roms would have to be removed. Subjective or not, though I tend to agree with you, this emu is sloppy looking as hell because of the many clones. I realize that some people like that, but I think it's an eyesore.

No offence meant to anyone, but that's just the way that a lot of us feel.

I'd prefer to have the entire set, but not the way that it is displayed currently.

Hopefully somebody can add the functionality to hide clones. Better yet if they can allow the end-user to select which version of a rom is their personal favorite. Than anyone could afford to be as subjective as they want.

The ideal solution would to have the ability to hide clones if you wanted to. That way, no roms would have to be removed. Subjective or not, though I tend to agree with you, this emu is sloppy looking as hell because of the many clones. I realize that some people like that, but I think it's an eyesore.

I am with RessurectionX.

I hate to have in my romlists things like:

Game Name Version 1

Game Name Version 2

Game Name Decrypted

Game Name Not Decrypted

Game Name Version 3

Game Name Version 3b

Game Name Euro

Game Name USA

Game name USA V2 Bootleg

...yadda yadda yadda yadda...

I had many trouble and spent a lot of time to clean my FBAXXX 1.28 romset.

I wanted to remove all crappy sport games in first instance (for me the only nice

sport games in the world are Golf and Tennis, the other ones should never get invented!).

I also wanted to remove the hundred versions of Street Fighter games and similar.

And I got stuck when I wanted to remove all the Metal Slug dupes but ended discovering

that I need the original sets even to run the decrypted ones... They are linked together,

something like that.

Then I tried to run the infamous ClrMame/Romcenter programs to merge

my Metal Slug sets, but I really gave it up the idea. I don't understand those programs.

I am also still using the FBA-XXX 1.28 because when I switched to 1.29 most

of the roms stopped to work, and again, I have no idea of how to correct them.

I am patiently waiting for someone over the 'places' t release a brand new FBA-XXX 1.29 romset.

When this happens, Cospefogo will be migrating! And I really hope that the problem with

setting a different coin button instead of the bundle back setting has been corrected for ever.

Keep up the good work, Kensho!

Cosme.