FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes me as well, iq had had me all worked up for months now awaiting news on the arm-5 core. I been wanting to play night slashers and osman on xbox for some time now.

Hope to hear further updates from you guys in the future, iq and kenshiro make a great team and thanks for all that you guys do!!

:)

HF-

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

I m asking you kenshiro ifyou are ok to integrate the possibility to view videos preview like in zsnexbox. There is a ton of roms for fba xxx pro, so we need a fast way to see if a game is good or or total crap, for this ; the videos previews are perfect.

If it's a code problem, i can ask madmab if he knows how to integrates the code to fba, since he has succesfully added the wmv8 video preview in all the Xports emus.

My friend RessX has all the fbaXXX preview videos ready to go we could share with you.

Let me know Kenshiro

I'll be honest: that will be a nice feature, but not interested at all to work on it. As this is an open source project (in contrary of some Xbox project, no comment :) ) , if your friends wanna code it, go for it ;)

Just keep in mind that what i'm doing is 100% drivers related, so if some people want to work on UI definitly go for it :)

PS: btw i will post my Neogeo code on Neosource, for those who are motivated to compile it ;), i wouldn't release a new build now, not enough time lol

hello kenshiro

if you have a source need to be compiled, i have time to make it

just say me in french in pm how i can do :)

lol i think i explain it in the wrong way. What i mean is i will release the neogeo code himself before releasing a new build, so if people wanna compile her own build... I wasn't asking for help lol

i can test to see if i can make a build :)

of more, now i have time so i can take time to try to understand ;)

Damn... the guy I know has so much code now he probably wouldn't consider doing it here at this point. I wonder how easy/hard it would be to "port" the video playing capabilities from the XPORT emus to this emu.

I'm too dumb when it comes to coding, and too impatient to learn it. I at least gave it a shot for a few months....

Hopefully somebody who knows a bit about code can do this in the future. 4 DVD's worth of arcade videos I'm sitting on and nowhere to play them on any arcade system yet.

Thanks for what you're doing K,

~Rx

I m asking you kenshiro ifyou are ok to integrate the possibility to view videos preview like in zsnexbox. There is a ton of roms for fba xxx pro, so we need a fast way to see if a game is good or or total crap, for this ; the videos previews are perfect.

If it's a code problem, i can ask madmab if he knows how to integrates the code to fba, since he has succesfully added the wmv8 video preview in all the Xports emus.

My friend RessX has all the fbaXXX preview videos ready to go we could share with you.

Let me know Kenshiro

I'll be honest: that will be a nice feature, but not interested at all to work on it. As this is an open source project (in contrary of some Xbox project, no comment :) ) , if your friends wanna code it, go for it ;)

Just keep in mind that what i'm doing is 100% drivers related, so if some people want to work on UI definitly go for it ;)

PS: btw i will post my Neogeo code on Neosource, for those who are motivated to compile it ;), i wouldn't release a new build now, not enough time lol

I've never compiled stuff on windows machines because I need all those visual c++ programs and what not. I've done plenty of code compiling on linux. Do I just compile the program for x86 hardware with comments for the xbox?

@resurrectionX if xport emus can handle vids I'm sure fbaxxx can easily be modified to play xmv's. I'm not sure on how the games will run. Most of the neogeo games require a lot of memory. How much ram does playing the vids require? and does the code for vids dump the ram before it loads the roms?

I never got into night stalkers but osman is da bomb. It's like a 2d strider/ninja gaiden on roids and lsd.

over on scenyx bomb bloke posted a shortcut maker and patches for pcsxbox and surrealxxx to accept shortcuts. Only if he had made the shortcut maker xmas.....

lol i think i explain it in the wrong way. What i mean is i will release the neogeo code himself before releasing a new build, so if people wanna compile her own build... I wasn't asking for help lol

no worries kenshiro, just wanted to lend a hand if you need it. ;)

HF-