FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

Hello kenshiro,

Ou plutot "salut kenshiro"

I have finally discovered where all the xbox-scene members where going ;)

So just one question kenshiro,

some months ago, i have tested your beta of fba xxx pro with the fast (crazy fast) loading time for the cps2 roms and all the wonderfull new features

I was wondering if you will add again the ability to display screenshots/titles shots/flyers by pressing the "B" button? It was included in your early beta and now in the 1.29b, this feature has disappeared?

Second thing: I vote for the return of the rumbles codes!

Many of them have been created for the gogohackman fbaxxx and it was working very well (I have this file in my xbox) with all the rumbles for the fatal fury, marvel vs capcom etc... and it was really cool, will you add them?

Mince je ne savais pas que cetait toi le Gilou de Xbox Scene! lol

So for the ability to display screenshots/titles shots/flyers there's no problem, as it take 10 lines of code ;) For the rumble, this part of code was simply commented in Pro version, it need to be reactivated.

BTW here's some news. I finished the Neogeo code (based on FBA 0.2.97.04 code) and get working games which use encrypted graphics kof99 / 2000 sheme. I was looking for a really different way to decrypt them as it was handle in FBA-XXX Pro 1.28 or FBA-XXX. So i took the current MAME decryption code and modified it to work with this crappy 64 Mo of RAM lol (that was a pain to get it work "fast").

The good news is the code seems to be 30% faster as before :ph34r: . Fumanchu said previously that he needs over 1m 30 to load games like Metal Slug 3, it takes now 1 minute to load a game which 64 Mo of graphics roms.

Here's a list of the new working games ( some of them were already playable with decrypted sets) :

Garou - Mark of the Wolves (set 1)

Garou - Mark of the Wolves (set 2)

Matrimelee / Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku Toukon

Metal Slug 3

Metal Slug 3 (not encrypted)

Metal Slug 4

Metal Slug 4 Plus (bootleg)

Metal Slug 5

Metal Slug 5 (AES Cart)

Metal Slug 5 (JAMMA PCB) :D

Metal Slug 5 Plus (bootleg)

Metal Slug 6 (Metal Slug 3 bootleg)

Prehistoric Isle 2

Rage of the Dragons

Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (set 1)

Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (set 2)

Samurai Shodown V Special / Samurai Spirits Zero Special (set 1, uncensored)

Samurai Shodown V Special / Samurai Spirits Zero Special (set 2, censored)

Samurai Shodown V Special / Samurai Spirits Zero Special (set 3, less censored)

Sengoku 3

SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS

SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS (JAMMA PCB, set 2) :)

The King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle (earlier)

The King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle (not encrypted)

The King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle (set 1)

The King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle (set 2)

The King of Fighters 2000

The King of Fighters 2000 (not encrypted)

The King of Fighters 2001 (set 1)

The King of Fighters 2001 (set 2)

The King of Fighters 2002

The King of Fighters 2002 Magic Plus (bootleg)

The King of Fighters 2002 Magic Plus II (bootleg)

The King of Fighters 2002 Plus (bootleg set 1)

The King of Fighters 2002 Plus (bootleg set 2)

The King of Fighters 2003 (bootleg set 2)

Except the following list, all the games you can see here are playable without issues:

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/driverinfo/neodrvr.c

Here's the non working list:

SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS (JAMMA PCB, set 1) : iq_132 maybe found a trick for it, it has one 32 Mo P-rom and 2 C-roms of 32 Mo :huh:;)

SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS Plus (bootleg set 1) : does not draw

SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS Plus (bootleg set 1) : does not draw

The King of Fighters 2003 (Japan, JAMMA PCB) : code in progress

The King of Fighters 10th Anniversary (The King of Fighters 2002 bootleg) : doesn't boot

The King of Fighters 2003 (bootleg set 1) : hardware test screen

The King of Fighters 2003 (set 1) and The King of Fighters 2003 (set 1) : garbage on graphics, that's definitly the weirdest issue, can't figure out why :P

Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (bootleg) : bank error.

I gonna post the source before releasing a new build (i don't know when the new release will be availble).

Good night

Edited by - kenshiro -

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the update kenshiro! any plans on re-adding bonk's adventure or iq's arm-7 core for games like osman and such? Thanks again for your continued progress!!

HF-

when you mention the arm-7 core,which games run on this in fba?i know most of them run on the mc68000 processer or a chip based on said processer is it the pgm games you are talking about?

i need to do a bit more homework on this.

also osman isnt in regular fba on pc yet,wouldnt the arm-7 coe need more processing power anyway than what the xbox has got?733mhz celeron processor with 64mb ram,thats cutting it a bit fine but prove me wrong PLEASE!!!

Hello

good update about debugging report

for KOF 2003 graphic bug, the mame code is same ?

maybe the graphic code must be notified in another part of the source ....

i will continu bug report soon

i think i will test for others games section, CPS1 & CPS2 must be all done i think :)

if you need something, dont hesitate to ask me kenshiro :)

thanks for the update kenshiro! any plans on re-adding bonk's adventure or iq's arm-7 core for games like osman and such? Thanks again for your continued progress!!

HF-

osman and nightstalkers are arm5, not arm7. :S If I ever feel motivated again I'll finish it up.

HF-

when you mention the arm-7 core,which games run on this in fba?i know most of them run on the mc68000 processer or a chip based on said processer is it the pgm games you are talking about?

A few pgm games -- kov super heroes, kov2, and martial masters (and more in the future [list here...] when they are fully dumped).

i need to do a bit more homework on this.

also osman isnt in regular fba on pc yet,wouldnt the arm-7 coe need more processing power anyway than what the xbox has got?733mhz celeron processor with 64mb ram,thats cutting it a bit fine but prove me wrong PLEASE!!!

The arm7 for pgm runs at 20mhz. The 68k also runs at 20mhz, and the z80 runs at ~8mhz. That's a grand total of ~48mhz [almost 50% faster than the playstation lol].

If you've tried to run kov2 or martmast in mame, you've noticed that they take a a lot of cpu. (40-50% cpu usage on a 1.8 c2d). In my current build of fba, it takes 8-15% (~9% for kovsh, kov2, and photoy2k and 15% for martmast).

HF-

osman and nightstalkers are arm5, not arm7. :S If I ever feel motivated again I'll finish it up.

Thanks iq, i really hope you get motivated to finish this, these are really great games!! :) Have they been giving you any problems??

HF-

HF-

Thanks iq, i really hope you get motivated to finish this, these are really great games!! :) Have they been giving you any problems??

HF-

Not really, no. Just been focused on PGM for weeks now. Can't really seem to get into anything else.

I m asking you kenshiro ifyou are ok to integrate the possibility to view videos preview like in zsnexbox. There is a ton of roms for fba xxx pro, so we need a fast way to see if a game is good or or total crap, for this ; the videos previews are perfect.

If it's a code problem, i can ask madmab if he knows how to integrates the code to fba, since he has succesfully added the wmv8 video preview in all the Xports emus.

My friend RessX has all the fbaXXX preview videos ready to go we could share with you.

Let me know Kenshiro

Edited by Gilou9999

I m asking you kenshiro ifyou are ok to integrate the possibility to view videos preview like in zsnexbox. There is a ton of roms for fba xxx pro, so we need a fast way to see if a game is good or or total crap, for this ; the videos previews are perfect.

If it's a code problem, i can ask madmab if he knows how to integrates the code to fba, since he has succesfully added the wmv8 video preview in all the Xports emus.

My friend RessX has all the fbaXXX preview videos ready to go we could share with you.

Let me know Kenshiro

I'll be honest: that will be a nice feature, but not interested at all to work on it. As this is an open source project (in contrary of some Xbox project, no comment :) ) , if your friends wanna code it, go for it ;)

Just keep in mind that what i'm doing is 100% drivers related, so if some people want to work on UI definitly go for it :)

PS: btw i will post my Neogeo code on Neosource, for those who are motivated to compile it ;), i wouldn't release a new build now, not enough time lol

Edited by - kenshiro -