FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

Someone got this error? I just tried to compile the fba source posted here but an error ocurred:

------ Build started: Project: FBA, Configuration: Release Xbox ------

Performing Custom Build Step

nasm: error: more than one input file specified

type `nasm -h' for help

Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Custom Build Step"

Build log was saved at "file://e:\test program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Release\BuildLog.htm"

FBA - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

Btw, thanks Kenshiro for the tips how to compile yourself the sources, I'm very interested to learn how to port emulators like xport did. <mode dream on> Someday I will make a project to work on a recent mame emu port :) <mode dream off>

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone got this error? I just tried to compile the fba source posted here but an error ocurred:

------ Build started: Project: FBA, Configuration: Release Xbox ------

Performing Custom Build Step

nasm: error: more than one input file specified

type `nasm -h' for help

Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Custom Build Step"

Build log was saved at "file://e:\test program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Release\BuildLog.htm"

FBA - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

Btw, thanks Kenshiro for the tips how to compile yourself the sources, I'm very interested to learn how to port emulators like xport did. Someday I will make a project to work on a recent mame emu port :)

Incorrect version of nasm or possibly in the wrong directory.

Incorrect version of nasm or possibly in the wrong directory.

Thanks for reply iq_132, about nasm I get the version nasm-2.06rc1-win32.zip in the sourceforge site, rename nasm.exe to nasmw.exe and put in windows/system32 directory... btw reading the BuildLog.htm I see this:

[

@echo off

c:\windows\system32\nasmw.exe -f coff -o "Release\scale.obj" e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Filters\scale.asm

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Custom Build Step"

exit 1

:VCEnd

]

Creating command line ""e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Release\BAT000006.bat""

Creating temporary file "e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Release\BAT000007.bat" with contents

[

@echo off

c:\windows\system32\nasmw.exe -f coff -o "Release\hq2x16.obj" e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Filters\hq2x16.asm

goto VCEnd

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Custom Build Step"

exit 1

]

Creating command line ""e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Release\BAT000007.bat""

Creating temporary file "e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Release\BAT000008.bat" with contents

[

@echo off

c:\windows\system32\nasmw.exe -f coff -o "Release\eagle16.obj" e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Filters\eagle16.asm

goto VCEnd

exit 1

]

Creating command line ""e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Release\BAT000008.bat""

Creating temporary file "e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Release\BAT000009.bat" with contents

[

@echo off

c:\windows\system32\nasmw.exe -f coff -o "Release\2xSaImmx.obj" e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Filters\2xSaImmx.asm

goto VCEnd

exit 1

]

Creating command line ""e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Release\BAT000009.bat""

Creating temporary file "e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Release\BAT00000A.bat" with contents

[

@echo off

c:\windows\system32\nasmw.exe -f coff -o "Release\burn_sound_a.obj" e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\src\burn\burn_sound_a.asm

goto VCEnd

exit 1

]

Creating command line ""e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\Release\BAT00000A.bat""

Sorry if I pasted too much stuff to read :)

Do you have your fba_xxx... sources in "e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\" or another directory? If it isn't that one, you'll have to do a search/replace in the project file with the directory it is in.

Do you have your fba_xxx... sources in "e:\tests program\fba_xxx_pro_1.29a\" or another directory? If it isn't that one, you'll have to do a search/replace in the project file with the directory it is in.

I didn't open visual studio to visualize the project, I actually click the fba.sln file directly from this directory and execute the command "build solution", so I'm certainly that's the right directory :) I will uninstall and reinstall the all programs again to see if I gone something wrong.

i was registered there before but they dont let you choose your password,they email you one.so if you delete that email and you cant remember the password well you do the maths.

oh yeah cospefogo stop talking $hit.

I am sorry if I offended you, Honorable Fu Manchu,

father of Shang Chi, the Master of Kung Fu.

That will never happen again.

Please have mercy of my humble soul.

Cospefogo.

i was registered there before but they dont let you choose your password,they email you one.so if you delete that email and you cant remember the password well you do the maths.

oh yeah cospefogo stop talking $hit.

I am sorry if I offended you, Honorable Fu Manchu,

father of Shang Chi, the Master of Kung Fu.

That will never happen again.

Please have mercy of my humble soul.

Cospefogo.

hmmmmm... I gonna use Hokuto Shinken on you both :)

Edit: Tulius, i made a test with latest NASM (2.06) and it works fine here. I use a previous version since ages (can't remember which version) which of course work. Do you have a single source directory or severals? I mean in the same directory (can't explain that properly sorry, or learn french and it will be better lmao)?

Edit 2 : lol i just made a copy / paste of my source in the same directory, and get exactly the same error as you( error: more than one input file specified) . Search in that side :)

Edited by - kenshiro -

starting testing out the latest xbe given on neogeo games from the top (testing their main set and decrypted set) and all seems good untill i got to the garou's. garou bootleg and protoype work fine but the main, second version, and decrypted sets still hang the emu when i select them.

will try out some more later tonight

Update: didn't get much further tonight but will try out the rest tomorrow but following crashed the emu when selecting them:

all kof99's except prototype set

kof10th (the other 2 worked fine)

kof2k decrypted

starting testing out the latest xbe given on neogeo games from the top (testing their main set and decrypted set) and all seems good untill i got to the garou's. garou bootleg and protoype work fine but the main, second version, and decrypted sets still hang the emu when i select them.

will try out some more later tonight

Update: didn't get much further tonight but will try out the rest tomorrow but following crashed the emu when selecting them:

all kof99's except prototype set

kof10th (the other 2 worked fine)

kof2k decrypted

Garou (decrypted set) works fine here. That's normal the parent rom crashes, you have to use decrypted sets!!! I think i gonna edit a list of games which don't work :( kof10th is non working, i wrote it in the changelog ;)