FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So news... I worked a bit on Neogeo code and finally get all the decrypted sets working :P

ATM i tested Metal Slug 3, 4, 5, KOF99 / 2001 / 2002, Garou Mark of the wolves, Samurai Shodown 5 and that works pretty well, can't notice a problem (i assume the rest works fine too). That's mean that except very few games, all the romsets are now playable! ;)

More news about Neogeo... :naughty:

I tested the others decrypted sets (KOF2003, Sengoku 3 etc...) and they all works fine :)

The code was rewrite to be used on PC and Xbox at the same time, just have to comment / uncomment a line and you can compile it ^^. The interest is the code is easy to update (and very clean), and i can test directly my code on a Debug PC build. I know most users don't care about the code, but if few people use it ATM, just throw it up and wait for the new one.

Also get more sets working:

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/romset/kof2002b

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/romset/matrimbl

Fixed a crash with Fatal Fury 3 by entering the ingame menu, remove the code to keep the cache file, get the code more compact, and reduce a bit more loading times :thumbsup1:

Thanks Kenshiro for the beta and here is what I experienced so far:

CPS1:

1. no problems with any of the games.

CPS2:

1. after playing a few games, it would give me a error loading the game and if one does go thru it will either play with a black screen or freeze the emu.
  2. loading either version of hyper sf2 comes up on black screen but can hear it working fine.
  3. last thing I had trouble with CPS2 was with certain games it would freeze the emu when you go to the in game menu the second time. (ex: loaded up mshvsf and before the title screen, I setup my buttons and resumed and then tried to go back to in game menu and froze the emu).

NeoGeo:

1. didn't get to try out this one much as of yet but did have a problem loading any version Garou except the bootleg, would just freeze the emu after it says romset was ok.

Very nice so far, keep up the great work :)

Hi All,

Having recently been given a copy of this emu was wondering what new games are working? a list would be great.

Im losing track of my romset unfortunately i've chopped changed removed added so many times without access to mame 0.72 (had to rollback from 1.28) bit lost with the collection have a feeling im missing out on some cool games....

well of the to top of my head.....

raiden

black tiger

guwange(fixed)

streetfighter1

teenage mutant ninja turtles

knights of valour

knights of valour plus

oriental legend

killing blade(need korean bootleg as well as parent to work,i actually get a crash with this one when i play it on this new version,hangs at a black screen once you pick a character.)

bionic commando

there is more but thats all i can remember for now,anyway just take a look at the dats.

edit/why are you using a mame0.72 romset when 0.84 is what mame is at on xbox right now?

well of the to top of my head.....

raiden

black tiger

guwange(fixed)

streetfighter1

teenage mutant ninja turtles

knights of valour

knights of valour plus

oriental legend

killing blade(need korean bootleg as well as parent to work,i actually get a crash with this one when i play it on this new version,hangs at a black screen once you pick a character.)

bionic commando

there is more but thats all i can remember for now,anyway just take a look at the dats.

edit/why are you using a mame0.72 romset when 0.84 is what mame is at on xbox right now?

Hey hi, Been following the *FBA-XXX Pro 1.29 Beta (aka project "Blue Balls")

* for a while. A beta was released recently..can you direct me to a link or

can you email me the source beta . Thanks

Hi All,

Having recently been given a copy of this emu was wondering what new games are working? a list would be great.

Im losing track of my romset unfortunately i've chopped changed removed added so many times without access to mame 0.72 (had to rollback from 1.28) bit lost with the collection have a feeling im missing out on some cool games....

Hey hi, Been following the *FBA-XXX Pro 1.29 Beta (aka project "Blue Balls")

* for a while. A beta was released recently..can you direct me to a link or

A beta was released recently..can you direct me to a link or

I second this.

And

Woot, :P happy new year Xboxers, Man, Ima have a hang over in the morning! Can't wait to see what 2009 brings!

Edited by Garcimak