Favorite game of the year?

Gryph

I got Far Cry 2 and i dont like it so far, but if you say later on it gets better, il give it a shot.

For me, all i play is Gears of War 1 lol, but aside from that Fallout 3 for PC takes the cake for me. I Wouldve said Gears 2 but its too buggy for me to enjoy.

Far Cry 2 isn't for everyone. The game doesn't really change story wise or gameplay wise (you just get more weapons) so if you're really not liking it now then you may not like it at all. What I've been noticing is that people either really like the game or they don't like it at all.

The game feels so unoriginal, another COD4 clone. I played a bit more and im enjoying it, lets see how it goes.

It is nothing like CoD4.

After a bit more of playing, i take that back. But it is quite similar.

Where did you see the similiarity? I can't see it at all.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm a PS2 guy, Persona 4 hands down.

Can't really comment on PC or other consoles because of my poor hardware and lack of other consoles. Still, from what I've heard and seen, Fallout 3 ranks pretty high up there.

I got Far Cry 2 and i dont like it so far, but if you say later on it gets better, il give it a shot.

For me, all i play is Gears of War 1 lol, but aside from that Fallout 3 for PC takes the cake for me. I Wouldve said Gears 2 but its too buggy for me to enjoy.

Far Cry 2 isn't for everyone. The game doesn't really change story wise or gameplay wise (you just get more weapons) so if you're really not liking it now then you may not like it at all. What I've been noticing is that people either really like the game or they don't like it at all.

The game feels so unoriginal, another COD4 clone. I played a bit more and im enjoying it, lets see how it goes.

It is nothing like CoD4.

After a bit more of playing, i take that back. But it is quite similar.

what? did you even play both games, other then both being FPS and having guns there is nothing alike.

COD4 is modern squad military warfare in urban environments FC2 is solitary gorrilla warfare in a country side environments.

this year was really pretty bland for me. I played just about every 360 release and didn't really get hooked on any of them.

I guess if I have to pick something I'll go with Fallout 3 and that is just because street fighter 4 and skate 2 won't be out this year.

with more maps and weapons I think left 4 dead would have been a real contender but it gets boring pretty quick.

I think I played 2 or 3 new games this year. Not much to really choose from. :/ I'm still waiting on nvidia or valve to fix this stuttering shit so I can actually play Left4Dead.

The only similarities I feel between CoD4 and FarCry 2 is that they are both shooters that take place in a modern era and share some of the same guns, if even.

Too much talk in a thread meant for "voting" and we should catagorize. pc/360/pS3 etc. I only own a PC and older consoles, but I have played 360 games and I can tell what I like on others.

They don't have to be exclusive either.

PC: Dead Space - Futuristic Resident Evil IMO, has some minor control issues (Can't map keys to directional keys, I don't use that shat-tastic WSAD crap but I'm forced to here). You feel helpless in this game, cause you really aren't some super soldier.

360: Gears of War 2 - I have actually yet to play this, but I've spent quite a bit of time watching my brother in law play it while I tinker with my arcade cabinet in the basement. The graphics look better than the first, the campaign mode is longer and theres just more to the game.

PS3 - Resistance 2 - I've never even seen a PS3 IRL (They're STILL too expensive) but if I picked a game from this year, this would be it. It looks like it would be fun to play. (No, not MGS4, I've seen and heard enough to know I'd want to play it but that it's still more interactive movie than game.)

Wii - To be honest, there isn't a damn thing I'd want for the Wii that came out this year. I want one, but for a few games that came out LAST year, namely Metroid Prime 3. If I had to pick a game from this year, it would be Mario Kart, if you don't like Mario Kart..........you suck.